Requisition ID: 46741
Job Category: Information Technology
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we see challenges evolving in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff, with experience in over 150 countries, to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
We're at the forefront of our clients' digital transformation journey, successfully implementing emerging digital services into our clients' projects and operations that unlock a step change in their performance. Join the team to improve project outcomes, leverage the digital twin, deliver systems integration and interoperability, and support decision-making, autonomous execution, and integrated operations and performance centers.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is seeking a highly motivated Junior Data Scientist to join the Digital group in Mississauga. We are looking for someone motivated by the desire to deliver sound, effective and sustainable solutions that demonstrate improved business outcomes. You will have an opportunity to work on pioneering projects which involves the implementation of leading edge digital and automation technologies and processes. Your activities will include data analysis, machine learning and artificial intelligence model development, business development, productization of technologies and development of software products. You should have solid technical knowledge and experience using advanced analytics and data science.
Digital solutions have become a key component of the strategic direction and vision of today’s modern organizations. Hatch is at the forefront of successfully implementing emerging digital services into our clients’ projects and operations that can unlock a step change in their performance.
Join our diverse team and award-winning culture and be part of our clients’ digital transformation journey by working to define the best methods and making sure they are supported by the right technology and an enabled workforce. This journey will lead to improve project outcomes, being able to leverage the digital twin, systems integration and interoperability, support for decision-making, autonomous execution, and integrated operations and performance centers.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Work in a multi-disciplinary engineering environment with focus on data analysis
- Perform data-driven analyses on engineering process data, including data preparation, statistical analysis, machine learning and artificial intelligence model development.
- Develop visual reports, KPI scorecards, and dashboards using Power BI desktop
- Connect data sources, importing data, and transforming data for Business intelligence
- Develop innovative software-based solutions for real world problems, typically under short timelines
- Understand internal and external client requests and translate them into underlying needs and solution requirements
- Complete knowledge management activities including disseminating findings through presentations and workshops to colleagues, clients and partners, and developing appropriate documentation, such as technical papers as well as software specifications, requirements and user manuals
- Network and encourage collaboration with all Hatch Business Units and beyond
- Support the bid development processes by participating in technical proposals and providing written technical inputs as necessary
You bring to the role:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited University
- Deep domain expertise in Advanced Analytics/ Machine Learning methods
- Experience developing data-driven Analytics models using at least one of the following programming languages: Python, R, or equivalent
- A keen interest in solving very challenging client problems
- Demonstrated ability to work both collaboratively and independently when appropriate
- The ability to build relationships and effectively influence colleagues, clients and partners
- Experience with BI tools and systems such as Power BI, Tableau, and SAP
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills in complex and changing environments
It is an asset if you have:
- Relevant industrial work experience
- Experience developing and applying innovative software solutions in industrial and business settings
- Experience developing software user interfaces
- Project management principles knowledge
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.