What would be your mission?
- Transform sustainability evaluation into data-driven challenges that enable companies to calculate, offset, and reduce their greenhouse gas emissions and save the world from the climate crisis!
- Lead a team (or teams, doe) of data engineers and/or data scientists who are building the next-generation platform to process carbon accounting at scale.
- Be the point of contact for the data platform and data quality teams in stakeholder meetings with product management and other engineering teams.
- Help your people learn and grow. Guide their careers and impart upon them your vast knowledge of engineering best practices.
- Evangelise a data-first approach within your cross-functional team of domain experts in the fast-paced world of a startup
Who is our best match?
- You are comfortable working with Python, PostgreSQL, and modern containerisation and cloud technologies.
- You are a Leader, an Engineer, and a Data Scientist.
- You have experience building at least one ETL Pipeline from the ground up, or at the very least, understand it thoroughly enough to build it now.
- You have an impressive track record of delivering robust, scalable software in an agile startup environment.
- You can read, write, and speak professional English. We have a diverse international team and use English as our working language.
What do we offer?
- Become part of something bigger! We join forces in creating the leading platform for carbon management to build a planet-positive economy and make our ambitious OKRs reality
- At Planetly you can do what you love and are best at, while doing good and create real world impact
- You will become part of a collaborative and cross-functional environment, supported by regular knowledge sharing sessions, where you will be empowered through ownership
- We are ever evolving and so are you. A formalized bi-annual feedback process, meeting ratings, pulse checks, and leadership coaching to make sure that we grow together and find everyone's perfect spot at the table.
- Enjoy the perks of working remote firstbut always feel free to join us in our office in the heart of Berlin including a beautiful garden and the option to bring your dog to work
- We offer an attractive & competitive salary, as well as the equipment of your choice (iOS/Windows, home office furniture) and coverage for your cost of commuting if necessary
Let’s do good and have some fun! We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Please note that we are looking for the best talents who are eager to let Planetly grow. In this, we do not mind if you are based in Berlin, Germany, or anywhere else within the EU. Depending on your location, we offer the opportunity of full-time employment or contract to hire. If you are applying for this position, please make sure to fill in the relevant information when asked for.