Data Scientist – Porto
Are you a Data Scientist seeking a new challenge and opportunity to further advance your skills and to make a real impact within a growing organization?
If you are a highly-motivated individual with a genuine interest in technology, a passion to deliver new cutting-edge products, we have the perfect job for you!
We are seeking a Data Scientist to work within our fun, hardworking environment in order to help design data modeling processes, create algorithms and help analyze the data and share insights with peers.
We spotted a gap for a new software that can help businesses understand their customers and the sustainability of their products better than ever before. In doing so they can make joined up, profitable decisions around areas like marketing, pricing, and merchandising while responding to increasing customer and regulatory demand for improved sustainability. The ‘sustainable growth platform’ will be built with low barriers to entry to support clients regardless of their digital maturity levels The offering would benefit Retailers and Consumer Product organisations, with elements also of value to financial institutions such as Hedge Funds.
Data Scientist Job Responsibilities:
- Hands on modelling to build data science solutions for a broad range of retailer and brand use cases, e.g. customer recommendation systems, price optimisation, customer segmentation
- Feature engineering
- Model assessment methodologies.
- Data mining, cleansing and manipulation pipelines.
- Data analysis and quality assessments.
- Pattern and anomaly detection.
- Error analysis, confidence interval calculation.
- Visualisation frameworks.
- Communicating findings to stakeholders using various means, such as data visualizations, dashboards, and reports.
Data Scientist Specialisms:
- Machine learning / deep learning (e.g. Gradient boosting, artificial neural networks) in Python.
- Linear/non-linear optimization.
- Time series forecasting.
- Data mining / collection procedures.
- Exploratory data analysis.
- Model output visualization.
- Model assessment and maintenance.
MSc in strong quantitative subject.
Remote working days potentially available.
Travel to London office may sometimes be required
Compensation & Benefits:
Very competitive annual salary.
25days annual leave + bank holidays.