CK Group are recruiting for a new and exciting Data Scientist on a permanent which can be remote based. This is an ideal role for a person willing to transfer from academia and start their career as a data scientist.
- Competitive Salary, Bonus, Pension**
The Company: Our client is a fast paced globally recognised FMCG company with multiple sites globally.
Location: The company will allow remote working, though some onsite presence may be required in Hull once a month.Data Scientist Role:
- Advise on and help implement predictive and statistical models in order to drive technology benefits and business outcomes.
- An ideal candidate will be familiar with scientific methodology, mathematical modelling, and statistical thinking.
- Knowledge of machine learning methods is welcome but not essential. Basic programming skills (preferably Python, R, MATLAB or similar) or willingness to learn them is required.
- Design and prototype mathematical and statistical models to better understand data and make predictions.
- Analyse and interpret experimental data to enhance business decisions.
- Master's degree in a field relevant to data science.
- A high level of mathematical and statistical ability.
- The ability to analyse, model and interpret data is ESSENTIAL.
- Experience in applied statistics such as distributions, modelling, regression, assessment of uncertainty, etc.
- Experience with a data science programming language such as Python, R, MATLAB or other is a plus.
Apply: For more information or to apply for this Data Scientist position, please contact Naynesh Mistry on 01246 457703 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job ref 50351.
Itis essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.