Data Scientist (2-year contract) [Digital Planning & Data Division ]
Agency: SkillsFuture Singapore
Job no.: 557085
Work type: Contract
Categories:InfoComm, Technology, New Media Communications
SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) is a statutory board under the Ministry of Education (MOE). It will drive and coordinate the implementation of the national SkillsFuture movement, promote a culture and holistic system of lifelong learning through the pursuit of skills mastery, and strengthen the ecosystem of quality education and training in Singapore.
SSG will strengthen the adult training infrastructure by taking on all existing functions of the Committee for Private Education (CPE) and guide the Institute for Adult Learning (IAL) to enhance the capabilities and professionalism of adult educators. SSG will play a key role in the quality assurance for private education institutions and adult training centres. Together with educational institutions and training partners, SSG will ensure that students and working adults have access to high quality, industry-relevant training throughout life. SSG will also bring together synergies in continuing education and training (CET) and pre-employment training (PET), so skills requirements will continue to meet the demands of different sectors of the economy.
- Apply statistical analysis and visualization techniques to various data, such as hierarchical clustering, principal components analysis (PCA)
- Generate hypotheses about the underlying mechanics of the business process
- Test hypotheses using various quantitative methods
- Display drive and curiosity to understand the business process to its core
- Network with domain experts to better understand the business mechanics that generated the data
- Apply various ML and advanced analytics techniques to perform classification or prediction tasks
- Integrate domain knowledge into the ML solution; for example, from an understanding of financial risk, customer journey, quality prediction, sales, marketing
- Testing of ML models, such as cross-validation, A/B testing, bias and fairness
- Collaborate with ML operations (MLOps), data engineers, and IT to evaluate and implement ML deployment options
- integrate model performance management tools into the current business infrastructure
- Implement champion/challenger test (A/B tests) on production systems
- Continuously monitor execution and health of production ML models
Tertiary qualifications in computer science, data science, operations research, statistics, applied mathematics, or a related quantitative field is required. Alternate experience and education in equivalent areas such as economics, engineering or physics, is acceptable. Experience in more than one area is strongly preferred.
- Candidates will ideally have a specialization in ML, AI, cognitive science or data science.
- Candidates should have three to six years of relevant project experience in successfully launching, planning, and executing data science projects.
- Proven experience in conducting statistical analysis and building models with advanced scripting language such as R, or other analytic tools.
- Strong understanding of statistical methods and skills such as Bayesian Networks Inference, linear and non-linear regression, hierarchical, mixed models/multi-level modelling
- A specialization in text analytics, image recognition, graph analysis or other specialized ML techniques such as deep learning, etc., is preferred.
- Ideally, the candidate is adept in agile methodologies and well-versed in applying DevOps/MLOps methods to the construction of ML and data science pipelines.
- Self-driven, curious and creative.
- Ability to work in diverse, cross-functional teams in a dynamic business environment.
- Confident, energetic self-starters, with strong moderation and communication skills.
- Exhibit superior presentation skills, including storytelling and other techniques to guide and inspire.
This is a 2-years contract position
Advertised: 28 Apr 2021
Applications close: 25 May 2021