About the position
As Data Scientist in the Pricing Analytics team, you will shape HP’s future of how we set prices. We are a very dynamic, highly skilled and diverse global team consisting of data scientists, economists, statisticians, computer scientists and engineers, who are pushing the innovation frontier in the way HP sets prices for its products. Working with us you will combine your modelling skills, economic/business thinking, experimentation and optimization methods to build complex pricing algorithms for most popular Printers and PCs in the market.
- You have deep interests in customer and market behaviour and methods to measure and anticipate it
- You are passionate about unveiling answers to most difficult questions using data and models
- You feel accomplished seeing your pricing recommendations being implemented while shopping for yourself
- You can’t stop thinking about learning something new every day and enjoy being surrounded by highly talented people
- Develop and apply data science and statistical methods and experimentation to analyse the effect of pricing and sales decisions on business performance
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to design and deploy pricing initiatives based upon analytical findings
- Present results and recommendations to relevant stakeholders, including senior leadership
- At least 4 years’ working experience in data science
- Theoretical and applied skills in Machine Learning and Statistics/Econometric
- Experience in designing, deploying, and analysing in-market experiments and/or AB tests
- Ability to think creatively and invent original solutions to business and modelling challenges
- Proficiency with Python or R
- Master's or PhD degree in Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or related disciplines
Bonus points for:
- Interest in pricing, economics, and consumer behaviour
- Experience in deploying ML and data science solutions
- Knowledge of price optimization approaches, price discrimination models and a general knowledge of main concepts from the industrial organization literature
- Basic understanding of finance and product economics
What we offer:
Opportunity to work in an international organization with colleagues coming from all over the world.
Diverse, continued internal growth and career opportunities. Including HP’s own learning platform and LinkedIn Learning.
Health & Life insurance
Ticket restaurant vouchers
HP product discount
Flex optimization program: Kindergarten tickets, public transportation tickets
Work life balance /flexible working hours
Women, Pride, Young employees, Multicultural and DisAbility! Just a few of our fantastic global business networks you can get involved with locally.
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it's just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!