Take our heritage into the future. Make way for tomorrow with Diageo eCommerce.
From pioneers like Arthur Guinness, John Walker and Elizabeth Cumming, to the digital disrupters already shaping our future, at Diageo, we’ve never stopped looking forward. We’re continuing to build on our heritage and, with eCommerce at the heart of everything we do, we’re creating our legacy for tomorrow. Join us and explore new ways ahead with digital sales channels, consumer insight and data. As you help us to keep shaking up the market with industry-leading solutions, you’ll transform your career too.
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. With over 200 brands in 180 countries and a global network of entrepreneurial individuals, our teams blend a diverse range of experience, knowledge and skills. We connect customers and consumers to our iconic products and create innovative experiences that bring people together to celebrate life.
About The Function
D&T is significantly revising its operating model with main objectives to maximize value for Diageo business via enhanced strategic capabilities, simple workflow of tasks translated in teams that have clear ownership of deliverable along the value chain.
The goal of the D&T transformation is to deliver more
(faster time to market, effectiveness of solutions, increased capacity) with the same costs and upgraded capabilities
(we need to leapfrog from where we are)
Transformed Supply Chain has been one of our key strategic imperatives towards achieving our vision and to drive competitive advantage for Diageo. The focus has been to provide excellent satisfaction to our customers and consumers through the supply of our brands, every day, every case, everywhere –at optimum cost and exceptional brand quality, driven by process automation, data, and analytic insight.
Our ambition is to be the digital leader in our industry and the D&T Business Analysts play a crucial role in making this a reality in partnership with our key stakeholders from business teams.
The purpose of this role is to act as a liaison among stakeholders to understand the objectives of the ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) committee and work with them to deliver solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
About The Role
D&T will play a key role in enabling Diageo's Society 2030 ambition
: reduction in Scope 1-3 emissions, decarbonisation of glass & packaging, regenerative agriculture. From the many use cases, the 5 emerging themes are (1) Carbon data transparency, (2) Int. & Ext. reporting of ESG metrics, (3) ESG initiative and progress monitoring, (4) Decision support to reduce emissions, and (5) Ecosystem engagement on ESG topics. To achieve the ESG ambition will require a scalable and flexible enterprise-wide Digital & Data solution
which delivers a single source of truth for data, automated data flows, governance to ensure trust in data & E2E traceability, analytics/AI capabilities for data enrichment and decisions support, and collaboration engagement of 3rd party suppliers.
The ESG Business Analyst will be a key contributor to the above ESG workstreams.
- This role will require a blend of skillsets (with a key emphasis on Data) and functional understanding within the overall theme of Sustainability – such as Diageo supply chain processes or similar, ESG related data analysis and consolidation from multiple systems for KPI reporting and process mapping for building integrated solutions to allow decision making.
- Business process understanding, data understanding – fields, sources of information (automatic, frequency etc.) and supporting the mapping of data and processes.
- Liaise and communicate with Supply key users and stakeholders on initiatives prioritized within the D&T ESG portfolio and recommends solutions enabling the organization to achieve its goal.
- Collaborates with our enterprise architecture team to satisfy the needs of the business today, while building capabilities for the future.
- Supports the product functional design process based on knowledge of the users and technology in partnership with D&T Transform and Business product owners
- Solution Development:
- Define Business Requirements & Gaps
- Design Process, Data and Technology
- Design Information & application security
- Solution Readiness:
- Build Knowledge & Competency
- Build the Solution
- Test the Solution
- Go Live with Solution
- Stabilize Operations
- Works with cross-functional teams and various stakeholders, including analytics, design/user experience, engineering, and user enablement
- Partners with stakeholders and customers across the organization to inform the product vision, strategy, features, and prioritization
Qualifications And Experience Required
- At least 3 years of responsibilities in product/project development experience or an IS focused business area
- Experience in identifying and assessing business capability maturity required to deliver strategic outcomes
- Data literate, understanding of Sustainability (or eagerness to learn) and understanding of Diageo and its supply chains
- Experience in communication and stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain good business relationships
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage cross-functional teams
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field
- Training or knowledge of supported business domain areas
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
To read more and apply, visit www.ourheritageyourfuture.com
Additional Locations :
Dundas House, Edinburgh Park
Job Posting Start Date