Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.We are:
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focused on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
- Capco is looking for an experienced Data Engineer to assist us on what will initially be a 6-month long contract assignment.
We are currently looking for an experienced Data Enginee
r to assist us on what will initially be a 6-month long contract assignment.Key Deliverables of this role:Data Engineer:
- Ability to process and rationalize structured data, message data and semi/unstructured data and ability to integrate multiple large data sources and databases into one system
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles and of the fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Strong knowledge of the Big Data eco system, experience with Hortonworks/Cloudera platforms
- Practical experience in using HDFS
- Practical expertise in developing applications and using querying tools on top of Hive, Spark (PySpark)
- Strong Scala skills
- Experience in Python, particularly the Anaconda environment and Python based ML model deployment
- Experience of Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (Jenkins/Hudson/Ansible)
- Experience with using GIT/GITLAB as a version control system.
- Experience in working in Teams using the Agile Methods (SCRUM) and Confluence/JIRA
- Good communication skills (written and spoken), ability to engage with different stakeholders and to synthesise different opinions and priorities
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge of at least one Python web framework (preferably: Flask, Tornado, and/or twisted)
- Good understanding of global markets, markets macrostructure and macro economics
- Knowledge of Elastic Search Stack (ELK)
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (Data Proc / Dataflow)
- Knowledge of and experience using data models and data dictionaries in a Banking and Financial Markets context. Knowledge of Trade Finance or Securities Services particularly useful.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following domains (including market data vendors):
- Instrument and pricing
- Market and/or Credit Risk
Need Experience using below languages/tools:
- HQL, SQL
- Querying tools on top of Hive, Spark (PySpark)
- Python, particularly the Anaconda environment
- GIT/GITLAB as a version control system