The Data Analyst works under the supervision of the Technology and Learning Lead of the Continuum Project, the Research Director, Division of Palliative Care and Geriatric Medicine and Director, Mongan Institute Center for Aging and Serious Illness and the Administrative Director of the Division of Palliative Care and Geriatric Medicine at MGH. The Data Analyst is responsible for supporting the Continuum Project and the work of the Research Program of the Division of Palliative Care/Geriatric Medicine and the Center for Aging and Serious Illness in the creation, maintenance, support and innovation of databases and dashboards as well as data analytics. The successful candidate must be able to work independently and collaboratively. Must be comfortable managing multiple tasks and projects, high performer capable of consistent quality work with attention to detail and well-developed organizational and problem-solving skills. A portion of this role involves interacting and working with other staff members, leadership and physicians; exceptional interpersonal and communication skills therefore are required. The Data Analyst is a vital member of the Programs’ team and must have a desire to continuously identify and recommend process improvements which allow both the Continuum Project and the work of the Division Research Program/Center for Aging and Serious Illness to continue to grow in scope and efficiency in the future.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create databases and dashboards to use locally with the goal to scale throughout the enterprise
- Design dashboards based on best practices that will provide information and analysis that can be used in evaluation, planning and decision-making
- Support the creation, maintenance and utilization of databases and dashboards
- Innovate and develop creative ways of using databases, dashboards and data (i.e. linking to other dashboards, emailing providers, analyzing EOL outcomes)
- Support a range of analytics from basic to advanced
- Produce usable analytics for stakeholders
- Maintain accuracy and integrity of data and analysis
- Implement existing and create new algorithms/measures to identify patient populations
- Operationalize the use of predictive models
- Work with the Research Program to support practice benchmarking and registry analytics
- Create and maintain study databases to be used for data analysis of research results
- Compile all data needed for study protocols including administrative data, interview data, data gathered from clinical charts
- Maintain study databases and ensure data security
- Create reports of research data for study meetings to critically review research methodology
- Engages in critical analytical thinking grounded in the most-up-to-date literature and a firm understanding of research design, methods, and research principles.
- Assists with data analysis and presentation of research results in graphical, table and in writing
- And other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree required.
Minimum of 2 years of related experience required.
- Experience with SQL, tableau, and other analytic software tools and applications, such as Stata, R or SAS
- Ability to work in a high paced environment with a tolerance for ambiguity, changing priorities and unexpected events
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally at all levels
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and well-developed organizational skills
- Ability to produce consistent quality work
- Proactive, self-motivated individual with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- EPIC experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated project or study management or coordination experience
- Is knowledgeable and compliant in all hospital, State and Federal regulatory requirements, including the Division’s code of conduct, the MGH mission, credo and boundaries, hospital policy and procedures (where applicable to the performance of the job), Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- Able to work in a dynamic and fast-paced healthcare environment. This position includes a shared office space in the Division’s main offices on the MGH main campus.
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.Primary Location:
MA-Boston-MGH 243 CharlesWork Locations:
MGH 243 Charles 243 Charles Street Boston 02114Job:
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)Schedule:
Day JobEmployee Status:
MGH Pallative Care ServiceJob Posting:
Jun 4, 2020