Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH)
is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.). Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 1000, and the Fortune 500
and we are among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world.Practice - AIA - Artificial Intelligence and Analytics
About AI & Analytics:
Artificial intelligence (AI) and the data it collects and analyzes will soon sit at the core of all intelligent, human-centric businesses. By decoding customer needs, preferences, and behaviors, our clients can understand exactly what services, products, and experiences their consumers need. Within AI & Analytics, we work to design the future—a future in which trial-and-error business decisions have been replaced by informed choices and data-supported strategies.
By applying AI and data science, we help leading companies to prototype, refine, validate, and scale their AI and analytics products and delivery models. Cognizant’s AIA practice takes insights that are buried in data and provides businesses a clear way to transform how they source, interpret and consume their information. Our clients need flexible data structures and a streamlined data architecture that quickly turns data resources into informative, meaningful intelligence.
- Please note, this role is not able to offer visa transfer or sponsorship now or in the future*
As a data scientist and software engineer you will develop the LEAF platform and use it on a variety of projects related to optimizing data-driven decision making. You are a data scientist and Python developer with knowledge in multiple technologies; you are driven, curious and passionate about your work; you are innovative, creative and focused on excellence; and you want to be part of an ego-free work environment where we value honest, healthy interactions and collaboration.Key Responsibilities
- Design, implement and deploy software applications that analyze datasets, train predictive and prescriptive models, assess uncertainties and interactively present results to end users
- Develop data models and algorithms to support decision-making processes
- Monitor and analyze the performance of software applications and infrastructure
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize business requirements
- Design and implement data visualizations to communicate complex data insights to key stakeholders
- Be customer advocate that implements our LEAF offering
- Work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment with your peers on the LEAF team
- Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering and data science
- Strong programming skills in Python, Pandas, Numpy, Jupyter Notebook, GitHub
- Knowledge of data visualization tools (e.g. Matplotlib, Tableau, …)
- Experience with machine learning and neural networks is a plus
- Knowledge of Generative AI and LLMs is a plus
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
Salary And Other Compensation
The annual salary for this position is between $[132,000 – 155,000] depending on experience and other qualifications of the successful candidate.
This position is also eligible for Cognizant’s discretionary annual incentive program and stock awards, based on performance and subject to the terms of Cognizant’s applicable plans.
Benefits: Cognizant offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid holidays plus Paid Time Off
- 401(k) plan and contributions
- Long-term/Short-term Disability
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. Cognizant reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.Cognizant is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. Cognizant is committed to ensuring that all current and prospective associates are afforded equal opportunities and treatment and a work environment free of harassment.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : May 10 2023About Cognizant
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.