As part of our Data Science team, you will be actively involved in the development of our prediction models as well as our general prediction mechanics. You will develop models of different techniques, train them for several scenarios and integrate them into our training factory. During product implementation, you will also be responsible for assigning the developed models to the actual application case. In addition, you shall also help enabling and guiding our junior data scientists.
Similar to an orchestra, Synfioo enables the harmonic interplay of information and transports, which are coordinated to ensure smooth transport operations. For this purpose, we rely on the latest big data, machine learning and process technologies in order to ideally coordinate all transports in logistics. Since 2015, we work in Berlin and Potsdam as a 26-member team with great commitment and pleasure in making transport chains more efficient, more sustainable and, above all, more predictable for all parties involved.
Would you like to grow with us and further develop Synfioo? Then become part of the Synfioo Orchestra!
Synfioo is an employer for whom inclusion and equal rights are a matter of course. Applicants are considered regardless of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disability or veteran status or other legally protected characteristics.
TasksYour mission :
- Develop custom algorithms and data models to apply to (customer-specific) data sets
- Experiment with different approaches to find different mathematical models for a transport
- Assess the quality of data given by different sources
- Analyse, visualize and prepare (customer) data in the field of transport logistics
- Create, evaluate and fine-tune models
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Developing (junior) data scientists
- Several years of experience in data science, data engineering or alike; this includes especially knowledge of/on
- coding (preferably python)
- strong mathematical (not necessarily but preferably academic) background, especially in
- Stochastic Processes
- Graph Theory
- Markov Decision Process
- advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with their application
- data analysis and data-visualization (using python)
- a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) as well as their real-world advantages and drawbacks
- SQL and no-sql databases
- Desirable and helpful (but not necessary) is experience with
- Amazon Web Services (AWS),
- the Atlassian Toolchain,
- Good language skills in English (working language)
- Diverse, creative activities
- A responsible task with plenty of scope for creativity
- A high-performance, highly motivated and technology-enthusiastic team
- Team events
- Flexibility in working time and location
- Dedicated time-outs for continuous training
- Daily kicker or table tennis with the team
- Weekly cake meeting
Does this sound interesting to you, send us your applicationa and we will reach out to you!