Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the DC Metro area. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
SPA assists the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) in developing leading edge technologies to counter WMD in support of CCMDs and transitioning these technologies to services and SOCOM. SPA provides expertise across the full range of chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and high-yield explosives (CBRNE) WMD, Counter Improvised Threat and Countering Threat Network technologies to support understanding, detection, identification, characterization, denial, control, disabling, defeating, disposing, safeguarding the force, managing consequences, and test and evaluation in support of military and civilian operations. #CJ #IN123
Provides critical decision and analytic support to the Nuclear Technologies Department (NT) within the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) for assessments, integration, demonstration, analysis, and other decision making in evaluating systems to counter WMD and counter threat networks. Develops knowledge regarding a stipulated issue through analysis of complex data sets, identifying actionable trends and problems. Uses appropriate methods to creatively explore, mine, analyze and manipulate data sets ranging in size from sparse to petabytes and type (e.g. small number of .pdf text reports, Excel spreadsheets and .csv files to repositories of image or audio data). Interprets results from multiple sources using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation via statistical analysis to complex data mining, analysis and learning techniques. Designs, develops, and implements technical solutions in support of concurrent analysis and software development projects. Uses a wide range of analytically based techniques such as machine learning, artificial intelligence, data fusion, and others to mine or create insight into data or underlying phenomena of interest that helps to solve problems. Designs and builds relational databases for data storage or processing. Develops strategies for warehouse implementation, data acquisition and access, and data archiving and recovery. Builds data models and defines the structure, attributes and nomenclature of data elements. May evaluate new data sources for adherence to the organization's quality standards and ease of integration. Designs, develops and implements technical solutions in support of concurrent analysis.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in an engineering or scientific function. Requires proficiency with computer programing and familiarity with a variety of programming languages that allows exploration of data through visualization, develop analytic software and models, or create customized solutions such as scripts and dashboards.
- TS Clearance or ability to receive a TS clearance; SCI eligible
- Master's in Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or related curriculum
- 2 Years of project programming and data visualization experience
- Knowledge of systems or models in wargame analysis or M&S
- Understanding of data visualization for DOD wargames and analysis. modeling, counter WMD technologies, or related work
- Specific technical expertise in CWMD detection, survivability, weapons effects, CWMD operations, wargaming, military utility assessments, and/or target assessments