What You Need to Note:
The results of this process may be used to staff future positions with similar qualifications and various tenures. The results of this process will remain valid for 18 months.
Who can apply?
Persons legally eligible to work in Canada
At this time, our current work status is to work from home
Be an informed applicant. Read How to apply .Organizational Information:
The CNSC is a separate employer within the federal government that has mobility provisions in place with the core federal public service. As such, CNSC employees are eligible to apply on internal federal government job postings, and are also eligible for deployment to and from the core federal public service.
What does Life at the CNSC look like? We offer one of the most competitive compensation and benefits packages in the public service, as well as unique offerings that support work-life balance and lifelong learning.
For more information about the CNSC, visit nuclearsafety.gc.caSummary of Duties:
The CNSC is seeking an HR Data Analyst. This strategic partner will work in collaboration with all areas of Human Resources and business units across the organization to identify opportunities to leverage workforce analytics. As the successful candidate, you will act as an ‘analytics translator’, bringing an understanding of how the HR data unlocks fresh insights that address talent and business-related challenges. By diagnosing business needs, identifying areas for improvement and effectively engaging with clients, you will improve decision-making and enhance business outcomes.
Reporting to a Team Lead, you will continue to evolve CNSC’s data analysis capabilities and deliver on significant HR projects.
Want to know more about the role of an HR Analyst? Click here .As the Senior HR Analyst we count on you to:
- Develop key relationships across HR functions and client groups to deliver high-quality, client-focused HR reports and deliverables
- Apply expertise in quantitative and qualitative analysis, and visualization of data to inform, influence, and inspire management action
- Coach and mentor junior staff on the team
Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in a relevant field to the work to be performed (e.g., Social Sciences, Statistics, Computer Sciences)Language Requirements:
Bilingual imperative with proficiency at BBB level. If you are unsure of your proficiency level, we encourage you to self-assess here .Experience:
- Providing expertise and guidance in the areas of data analysis, reporting and visualization
- Making recommendations to leaders
- Participating in projects with multiple stakeholders, from inception through implementation
- Knowledge of the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission’s mandate and role as the nuclear authority
- Advanced MS Excel skills (e.g., graphs, pivot tables, formulas, macros)
- Advanced MS PowerPoint skills
- HR technical competencies (please contact HR Staffing / RH Dotation (CNSC/CCSN) for info on this)
The following Key Behavioural Competencies define the behaviours expected of all CNSC employees. These competencies serve as the basis for the selection, performance management, development and recognition of CNSC employees and will form part of the evaluation of this process.
- Live it - Model the CNSC values
- Own it - Be Accountable & Achieve Results
- Build it - Collaborate Effectively with Others
- Learn it - Commit to your Professional Growth & Personal Leadership
For more information on CNSC’s Key Behavioural Competencies go to the following link: http://www.nuclearsafety.gc.ca/eng/about-us/careers-at-cnsc/key-behavioral-competencies.cfmAsset Qualification:
- Experience producing dashboards
- Experience presenting data to a management committee or decision-making body
Preference may be given to candidates who are members of a designated group (i.e. a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a visible minority) to address identified underrepresentation, if applicable. We encourage you to self-identify.
All CNSC employees are subject to the Mobility Assignment Program.Submitting an Application:
Applicants must submit the following by the closing date, as these requirements will be used at the initial screening stage:
1. Cover Letter - Please include a 2- page covering letter clearly demonstrating how you meet the essential qualifications. Provide concrete examples, which illustrate how you meet each qualification, including where and when these qualifications were acquired.
2. Résumé – Please provide an up-to-date résumé that includes your education and contact information.
3. Proposal – Please submit a one-page proposal, outlining how HR Analytics could inform the decision to return to an in-office environment or move to a remote-hybrid -work model after the pandemic?
Failure to provide the above documentation may result in your application being rejected from the process. Applicants will not be solicited for incomplete or possible missing information. Only those whose qualifications are the most relevant will be considered for assessment.
Asset qualifications and organizational needs may also be used for screening or to determine the right fit for the position. Essential qualifications and hiring conditions must be met before an appointment is made.
As the CNSC maintains a pool of candidates, the results of this process may be used to staff future positions with similar qualifications and various tenures.
We thank all those who apply. Only those whose qualifications are the most relevant will be contacted.
Please visit our How to Prepare page for more information and helpful tips.Contact Information:
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-427-7717
Monday to Friday 8 am to 8 pm, EST (except statutory holidays).
If you have questions about this job posting, please contact HR Staffing / RH Dotation (CNSC/CCSN) .