OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
LIFE at OPENTEXT:
At OpenText and in IT, we believe in every employee having meaningful, purposeful work. By joining our team, you will join a community of supportive and collaborative peers focused on innovation, teamwork, and driving successful outcomes. You’ll be expected to bring with you an ideation and “Yes, if” mindset. And, as you build your network and demonstrate your professional excellence, you will have the opportunity to forge your own career path and professional growth.
The Data Analyst will focus on business and data analysis in support of the delivering advanced analytics to our OpenText business partners. This individual will be a professional that is self-motivated and driven to accomplish company goals and who is comfortable multitasking in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
You Are Great At:
- Working with business teams in all parts of the business to gather conceptual business needs, and translate them into clear functional business requirements.
- Conduct deep-dive analysis of business problems across the enterprise using advanced techniques (statistical modeling, experimentation, causal inference) to identify patterns, uncover opportunities and generate actionable insights.
- Create process models, diagrams, charts, visuals, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Work with technical teams and/or study relational database tables to create Technical Data Requirements from Business Requirements.
- Work with application support, product management and engineering teams on quarterly upgrades and feature requests for Magellan product suite.
- Self-motivated and driven to accomplish company goals and who is comfortable multitasking in a fast paced, matrixed environment.
- Perform data preparation, linkage, and feature selection.
- Calculating model accuracy.
- Provide end user support and training as needed.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Business or equivalent experience.
- 5 + years proven abilities related to data analysis, reporting, and analytics supporting a risk, finance, marketing, or sales environment.
- Experience working with large datasets.
- Experience transforming data.
- Experience with SQL, Python and R.
- Familiarity with data exploration and data visualization tools.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Experience with OpenText Magellan preferred.
- Experience working in a complex, matrix, fast paced environment.
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Ability to prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines.
- The ability to work independently, as part of a team, and cross-functionally within the organization.
OpenText's efforts to build an inclusive work environment go beyond simply complying with applicable laws. Our Employment Equity and Diversity Policy provides direction on maintaining a working environment that is inclusive of everyone, regardless of culture, national origin, race, color, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, family status, age, veteran status, disability, religion, or other basis protected by applicable laws. Should you require accommodations during the selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org).