PSG is searching for a strategic and inquisitive Senior Data Scientist to join our Data Management team. The individual will be responsible for developing and running data-centric projects and will provide advanced expertise on statistical and mathematical concepts.
- Formulating, suggesting, and managing data-driven projects which are geared at furthering the business's interests.
- Identifying opportunities to innovatively use data to provide strategic and operational insights to business.
- Working with stakeholders throughout the organisation to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Coordinating with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Developing custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Ensuring an effective data management approach that ensures the accuracy of data.
- Selecting and employing advanced statistical procedures to obtain actionable insights.
- Cross-validating models to ensure their generalizability.
- Producing and disseminating non-technical reports that detail the successes and limitations of each project.
- Following the appropriate processes to ensure quick and correct action is taken in query resolution.
- Anticipating and identifying new analytic trends/data needs and repeatable analytical solutions.
- Collating and cleaning data from various entities for later use by Junior Data Scientists.
- Delegating tasks to Junior Data Scientists to realize the successful completion of projects.
- Monitoring the performance of Junior Data Scientists and providing them with practical guidance, as needed.
- Doctorate/Hons/ degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Solid experience in Python.
- In-depth understanding of SQL.
- Competent in machine learning principles and techniques.
- Demonstrable history of devising and overseeing data-centric projects.
- Ability to relay insights in layman's terms, such that these can be used to inform business decisions.
- Outstanding supervision and mentorship abilities.
- Capacity to foster a healthy, stimulating work environment that frequently harnesses teamwork.
- Compliance with prevailing ethical standards.
- Cloud computing competencies beneficial
- Big data concepts
- Team alignment
- Time management
Please forward CV to Nurhaan.West@psg.co.za or Carren.Engledoe@psg.co.za by no later than 15 February 2021.
Please note that if no feedback is received within 3 weeks after submitting your application, that you have not been short listed for this position.
PSG commitment to transform and embrace diversity is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce. In achieving our employment equity goals, we give preference to applicants from designated groups and we encourage people with disabilities to apply.