Publishers Clearing House (PCH) is looking for a Senior Data Developer/Engineer to support our BI, Operational and Media Reporting team. This role will be responsible for supporting BI Data architecture, modeling and data pipelines for all data objects supporting Operational Reporting and KPI’s with a focus on maximizing revenue through media, performance marketing and advertising.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Maintaining, securing and protecting first party data and supporting end user consumption for key areas including:
- Video / Display advertising
- Performance Marketing, PMP & Programmatic Advertising
- Direct and B2B survey offerings
- Data analysis, using SQL, NoSQL (particularly BigQuery) and other data science tools on PCH internal and partner data, to segment or aggregate users by demographic, technographic, affinity and/or behavioral information, to identify inconsistencies in the data, and to identify opportunities to increase revenue.
- BI Data architecture, modeling, and process design for raw data objects, intermediary, aggregate tables across a variety of subject matters and data types. This includes Big Data ETL and ELT planning and implementation, and coordination with other PCH technical departments.
- Development of internal tools and procedures to make data more accessible.
- Coordination with other team members to ensure quality analyses.
- Technical Writing, including documentation of analyses, justification of insights, PowerPoint presentations of conclusions, technical proposals, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Computer Science, Information and Data Management or a related field
- 5+ years software development and architecture knowledge
- 3+ years working with Python or other high-level development language.
- 3+ years working in production software environments, including version control, preferably GIT
- 3+ years SQL data manipulation and database experience
- Big Data (NoSQL) experience, especially BigQuery and/or Hadoop, and other database systems
- Advanced aggregation and data structure skills, using latest techniques and best practices for query tuning (i.e. partitioning, clustering, nesting, optimizing join patterns and analytics-window functions) to reduce costs, while offering speed and efficiency.
- Experience with data cleanliness, ETL, ELT, transformations, filtering, etc.
- Able to draw correlations between seemingly disconnected, unrelated data
- Experience with advertising technology a strong plus
- Experience in Google Cloud Platform (GCP) - [Google Big Query, AirFlow, Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Hive) & GCS]
- AWS experience a strong plus
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines integrations and documentation.
- Experience with inferential statistics and/or Bayesian statistics is a plus
- Highly analytical, data-driven thinker
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously with little oversight/guidance as well as part of a team
- Proven ability to handle multiple deadlines and competing priorities
Publishers Clearing House (PCH), headquartered in Jericho, NY, and with offices in NYC, Portland, ME and Austin, TX, is a leading direct-to-consumer company offering a broad range of products, digital entertainment services to consumers as well as customized solutions for advertisers. Our continued success in today’s new digital publishing environment is built on PCH’s unique, free-to-play, chance-to-win value proposition, which enables individually personalized offers based on the trusted first-party relationship we maintain with millions of consumers and is fueled by the excitement of the Publishers Clearing House brand.
Join our winning team and apply today!
PCH is an Equal Opportunity Employer