Our industry-leading innovations, deep materials science expertise, and best-in-class manufacturing make next-generation technology a reality for our customers.
We’re pursuing new technologies and performance materials that enable your designs to be smaller, more complex, more reliable, and more powerful than you could ever imagine. DuPont is a technology leader, serving the semiconductor, circuit board, industrial, display, digital and flexographic printing, healthcare, aerospace, industrial and transportation industries. Every day, we’re solving our customers’ biggest challenges and are honored to be their partner of choice.
Learn more about our Featured solutions here: https://www.dupont.com/about/our-businesses.html
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Data Engineer is responsible for the analysis, development, integration, documentation, implementation, and on-going support of industrial information technology solutions focusing on shop floor data management and manufacturing systems. The Data Engineer will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. They will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. The ideal candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our business’ data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
Your key responsibilities:
- Building and maintaining the organization’s entire manufacturing and quality data ecosystem.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet business requirements.
- Building data systems and pipelines to support reporting, dashboards, and advanced analytics initiatives. These systems capture, cleanse, transform and route data to destination systems.
- Develop new technologies using Azure enabled tools and technologies including Azure App Services, Storage Technologies, and Analytics using Databricks, Power BI and related tools.
- Train and coach end users of the applications and technology and how they support associated work processes
- Consult with engineering and manufacturing to support and enhance the applications used in various manufacturing processes
- Works with business and sites application focal points as well as the sites Functional Leaders and Site I/T Tool Subject Matter Experts (SME's) to implement the applications
- Suggest and provide value case for enhancements to better support the associated work processes and improve user productivity
- Participate in piloting and rollouts of the application globally
Your qualification profile:
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Engineering, Data Science, or a STEAM related discipline.
- 3 years of experience working in a similar role
- Knowledge of written and spoken English is required.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query design as well as working familiarity with a variety of database platforms.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
- Experience with the Azure ecosystem and associated Data Engineering technologies preferred. This includes ADF, SQL Server, Databricks, Synapse, Data Lake storage, and Edge technologies.
- Knowledge of Wonderware/Aveva products is preferred. This includes InTouch, Historian/InSQL, ActiveFactory, and Industrial Application Server. Experience with similar industrial data acquisition platforms will be considered.
- Basic project management experience is required. Ability to participate and lead high performance teams to scope, design, and implement data management projects is required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies is preferred. This includes MS Access, .Net, and SQL Server databases.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment in a discrete parts industry is preferred.
- Excellent written / verbal communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills. Excellent time management & organizational skills including the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines. Able to gather data from multiple sources to develop a comprehensive design.
At DuPont, we have an unbridled commitment to deliver essential innovations that enrich people’s lives, enable sustainable development and foster human potential for generations to come.
Innovations developed from highly engineered products and naturally sourced ingredients shape industries and everyday life. From smarter homes to more efficient cars, from better ways of digitally connecting to new tools that enable active and healthy lifestyles…in all these areas and many more, we’re working with customers to transform their ideas into real world answers that help humanity thrive.
Coupled with core values and excellent compensation & benefits… Together, we’re turning possibilities into real world answers that help humanity prosper!
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information.
For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here.