lastminute.com is looking for a Data Engineer for its Data & Analytics department.
The candidate will have the opportunity to become a key member in one of the Data & Analytics teams (Marketing&Media, Product, Customer, Sales, Finance), leveraging his/her engineering skills to acquire, manipulate, orchestrate and monitor data.
Data is at our core and its reliability and effectiveness have direct impact in producing actionable insights and improving business performance
- Partner with both data and non-data colleagues to understand data needs.
- Design, build and deploy extremely efficient and reliable data pipelines
- Educate your partners: use your data and analytics experience to ‘see what’s missing’, identifying and addressing gaps in their existing understanding and processes.
- Leverage data and business principles to solve large scale web, mobile and data infrastructure problems.
- Build data expertise and own data quality for your areas
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role in a fast-paced environment
- Bacheloror master degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering Physics, or similar fields
- SQL language knowledge and programming languages (e.g. Java, Python, Scala)
- Experience with workflow management engines (e.g. Airflow, Google Cloud Composer)
- Experience in Data Modelling.
- Experience with data quality and validation.
- Experience in custom ETL design, implementation, and maintenance
- Experience working with cloud or on-prem Big Data/MPP analytics platforms (e.g. AWS Redshift, Google BigQuery, or similar)
- Ability to work creatively and analytically with a strong attitude for problem-solving
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
- Experience in analyzing data to discover opportunities and address gaps.
- Experience with SQL performance tuning and E2E process optimization.
- Experience with anomaly/outlier detection.
- Familiarity with digital and e-commerce business
- Previous experience in the travel industry
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills and innovative thinking
- Passionate about the digital world, ambitious, and motivated with a can-do attitude
- High attention to detail and ability to effectively manage multiple projects at a time, successfully able to meet deadlines
- Proactivity and strategic approach
- Strong team player with the willingness to challenge existing processes and applications
What we offer
By joining our company, you will have the chance to:
- Join a dynamic team in an inclusive-international environment
- Grow thanks to the career journey and our internal mobility perspective
- Manage your own schedule thanks to the flexible start and end of the working day
- Work a shorter working week (36h), of which 4 hours on Friday morning
- Get focus time for learning, development, and deep work on Friday mornings
- Work partially or fully remote according to local laws
- Enjoy continuous training thanks to our company platform
- Benefit from employee discounts on travel
- Receive 2 days off per year for the purpose of volunteering
- Receive a voucher after some years in the company
- Get free snacks/fruit / hot drinks/water / beverages at our offices
- Participate in amazing winter and summer corporate events
- Benefit from extended parental or marriage leave according to local laws
- Welfare platform (Corporate Benefits) where you will find dedicated discounts with more than 1500 partners