Annalect is a global data, technology, and analytics consultancy, with offices based in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and major global hubs. We create solutions across data, measurement, analytics, visualisation, and marketing technology to maximise the effectiveness of media and our client's media ROI.
When we launched Annalect globally in 2011, we dedicated ourselves to transforming the effects of data and analytics on media. Now we have learned to transform the entire marketing process.
Annalect is part of the Omnicom Media Group, and services hundreds of clients across OMD, PHD, Hearts & Science, Resolution Media, Foundation, and OMG United, in addition to working on our own portfolio of direct clients
Our work with PHD won B&T's 2019 award for Best Media Campaign for Children's Panadol, and our work with OMD won B&T's 2019 award for Data Driven Marketing for McDonald's Monopoly.
As part of the expansion of our Marketing Science capability we are looking for a Data Scientist to support our team with some of the largest clients in Australia.
Your focus will be to support in the development of custom attribution and predictive models for both online and offline media. Using these models, you will deliver actionable insights that will drive value to the client's business and drive ROI
- Your role will be to apply your broad skillset across data and analytics to understand business problems, create insights and envisage practical solutions in areas such as media measurement and customer insights
- Build bespoke digital attribution models and improve our digital attribution product offering
- Build bespoke Marketing Mix Models (MMM) and improve our MMM and econometric modelling product offering
- Provide business solutions and optimisation through various statistical and quantitative methods
- Provide statistical models to support predictive analytics and deliver non-technical presentations to all levels of the business as well as technical documentation to the wider team
- Derive insights from data and communicate those insights to a non-technical audience through presentations and documentation
- Build scalable backend solutions for automation of data processing
- Analyse and mash-up massive amounts of data to mine useful business insights
What you'll need
- A strong background in data science, analytics, or data engineering
- Proficiency and experience in statistical modelling and machine learning techniques (feature engineering, regression, classification, segmentation, cross validation, bootstrapping, Bayesian techniques etc.)
- A high level of proficiency with programming languages used in data science, including Python and SQL
- Excellent communication skills - being able to both interpret and convey information in a clear, concise way with people from technical and non-technical background and use data to tell a story
- Strong understanding of media, and media data
- Ability to work in a fast-paced growth environment
Nice to haves
- Previous experience with Digital Attribution, Marketing Mix Modelling or Econometrics for a media related industry is highly desirable
- Understanding of media technology (ad-servers, DMPs)
- Experience with visualisation and dashboarding software (Tableau, Power BI)
- Proficiency in dealing with large datasets (data mining etc.)
- Proficiency with AWS, Hadoop, Spark, Redshift or other big data platforms
- Award winning culture that encourages innovation
- Work within a diverse team, making positive & meaningful contributions.
- Access to top tier clients and complex business challenges
- Continuous development through our mixed learning approach.
- Giving Back Opportunities
- Pet-friendly oﬃce
- Ski trips and much, much more!
For more information on this role or to start a conversation about your future, please don't hesitate to reach out directly at email@example.com