Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 500+ professionals from 60+ different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In five years, we've raised over 300 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than one billion euros.
As a Senior Data Scientist you will focus on building our Data Science capabilities by driving forward projects with high business impact.
You will help establish an effective Data Science practice at Taxfix and together we’ll look at problems worth solving with clear business impact. We want to deliver Data science solutions into production, bringing repeatable and lasting improvements through machine learning. At this point we are not looking for deep specializations, but rather people who enjoy owning full projects from idea to implementation.
We are looking to build up a small team of 2-3 Data Scientists who are being supported by Project Management. We are looking for people with hands-on experience in building models, bringing them live and within the team we are looking ideally for complementary domain experiences, e.g. Marketing or Product.
You will be working as part of our Data Organisation in a small focused Data Science team which will collaborate a lot with all the other Data teams and different Engineering teams on a project basis and will bring an entrepreneurial approach to solving opportunities.
The Data Team enables everyone in the organisation to make data-driven decisions and drive business growth. We’re committed to data democratisation, scalability, and actionable insights. With a team of Data Analysts ranging from Marketing Analytics to Operations, Finance and Product Analytics, Marketing Intelligence, Analytics Engineers and Data Platform, we’re building tools and methodologies for data discoverability, accessibility, and reliability.
By using Segment, Adjust, Funnel, Snowflake, Python, Airflow, dbt, Looker, Metabase and Notebooks we’re able to reach our ambitious goals.
Our team members possess a unique combination of technical skills, business understanding, and healthy communication. We can rely on each other to deliver our best and are committed to personal development via knowledge sharing, through mentoring and innovation days.
- Investigate, design, iterate and assist in the deployment of advanced and predictive models to drive impact
- Be capable of delivering maintainable, reliable and performant code that can be used in a production environment
- Partner with technical and business colleagues across data and the business to identify viable opportunities
- Be a sparring partner and mentor to other Analysts and Data Scientists
- Machine learning areas can stretch from regressions, classifications and recommendations to NLP and MMM. Help us discover the problems we want to solve!
- Proven track record of 4+ years of hands-on Data Science experience, including expertise in statistical modeling, feature engineering, and successfully implementing models in production.
- Advanced statistical and quantitative knowledge
- Experience in Python (or R) for advanced analytical purposes
- Proficiency in using SQL for data exploration and experience around dashboarding solutions (Looker, Metabase, Tableau, PowerBI, …)
- Translate business problems into machine learning problems and come up with relevant and realistic solutions that can be iterated over.
- Communication and visualization skills, ability to engage with business stakeholders from ideas to explain complex analysis and results in a business context
- Curious by nature and a growth mindset paired with the ability to learn
- Domain Expertise (Product or Marketing), in addition to familiarity with B2C environments and start-up culture
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with free mental health coaching sessions, yoga, and a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club.
- A monthly allowance to spend on home support services, including childcare, housekeeping, pet sitting, tutoring, and elderly care.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- Dedicated relocation and visa support for those that need it.
- 30 annual vacation days and flexible working hours.
- A generous learning budget to support your personal and professional development and guidance from our internal L&D experts.
- Work from abroad for up to six weeks every year. Just align with your team, and then enjoy your trip.
- Plenty of opportunities to socialise as a team. In addition to internal tech meetups, our international team hosts regular get-togethers—virtually and in person when possible.
- Free tax declaration filing, of course, through the Taxfix app—and internal support for all personal tax-related questions.
- Have a four-legged friend in your life? We’re happy to have dogs join us in the office.
Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we believe that incredible things happen when you have a wealth of perspectives and experiences. We're proudly committed to equal employment and development opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. To help mitigate any potential unconscious biases, we ask that you refrain from including your picture, age, or marital status on your CV. Let your experiences speak for themselves.
Not sure if you meet all the requirements for this role? Please apply anyways. You might bring something special to the team that we hadn't previously considered.