About The Company
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on raising the bar with innovation and building belonging through our culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique purpose: to create joy around each table and inspire a healthier tomorrow for every community.
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers in the United States, with over 2,200 stores in 34 states and the District of Columbia. Our well-known banners include Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Jewel-Osco, Shaw's, Acme, Tom Thumb, Randalls, United Supermarkets, Pavilions, Star Market, Haggen, Carrs, Kings Food Markets, and Balducci's Food Lovers Market. We support our stores with 22 distribution centers and 19 manufacturing plants.
Placing a premium on adaptability, safety and family well-being, our work model, Presence with a Purpose, offers a hybrid work environment between remote work and office time. A one-size-fits-all approach does not apply to everyone, and teams are empowered to make decisions best for them.Bring your flavor
Building the future of food and well-being starts with you. Join our team and bring your best self to the table.What You Will Be Doing
You will enjoy working with one of the richest data sets in the world, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into business impacts on regular basis. You'll work closely with other data scientists and business partners in identifying and defining data science projects, building machine learning algorithms and models on top of existing data platforms. The candidate will have a background in computer science or a related technical field with experiences working with large data sets and applying data-driven decision making. A successful candidate will be both technically strong and business savvy, with a passion to make an impact through creative storytelling and timely actions. You are a self-starter, smart yet humble, with a bias for action.
This position is located in Pleasanton, California.Main Responsibilities
- Collaborate with business teams to develop production grade machine learning models on large-scale datasets and improve customers’ overall shopping experience
- Apply machine learning to enhance recommendation engines and deliver personalized user experience on ecommerce website and loyalty mobile app
- Build models and algorithms to fuel growth initiatives for Digital, Merchandising, Marketing and Loyalty teams
- Scale up prototypes and implement reliable automated production workflow for models
- Collaborate with software development engineers to integrate models
- Apply predictive modeling techniques to optimize the forecasts for planning needs
- Detect anomaly in systems through various techniques and identify outliers in operational metrics
The salary range is $109,600 to $142,420 annually. Starting salary will vary based on criteria such as location, experience, and qualifications. There may be flexibility for exceptional candidates.What We Are Searching For
What is it like at Albertsons?
- Masters or PhD degree in quantitative discipline: Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, Math, Statistics or related fields
- 2+ years of industry experience in applying data science and modeling methodologies: regression model, survival model, ensemble modeling, NLP, recommendation algorithm, clustering, deep learning algorithm, experimental design (Multivariate/A-B testing) and nonparametric Bayesian modeling etc.
- 1+ years of experience and proficiency in SQL, Python and/or Spark-ML
- 1+ years of SQL development skills writing queries, transforming data, mining structured and unstructured data.
- 1+ years of hands-on experience in building data science solutions and production-ready systems on big data platforms such as Snowflake, Spark, Hadoop
- Strong teamwork and communication skill
- Ability to write production-level code in Python
- Experience with Snowflake, Azure Databricks is a strong plus
Our 290,000 associates have a passion for great service and building lasting relationships with our customers. Through a companywide focus on innovation, we are continually enhancing our digital and product offerings, making it easy for customers to get what they need, wherever they are.