Johnson & Johnson, Health Care Compliance & Privacy (HCCP) is currently recruiting for a Data Scientist, to join the Data Science & Risk Management Team.Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employerThe Data Scientist is a core member of the Health Care Compliance & Privacy (HCC&P) Global Operations Center of Excellence team, reporting to the Sr. Manager, Data Science & Risk Management. You will be responsible for partnering with Global Operations team members (Compliance & Technology Integration, Testing & Monitoring, Regional Centers of Excellence); the Franchise / Company HCC&P Compliance Officers and business partners to identify, develop and implement innovative solutions that enhance our data, analytic & visualization capabilities.As the Data Scientist:
- You will be responsible for Identifying and understanding key business questions to be addressed using the appropriate analytical approaches
- You will model data to build innovative solutions to solve complex analytical problems;
- You will lead or support projects that will facilitate advancement in predictive analytics;
- You will develop methodologies that allow for efficient and repetitive data extraction; using existing and new data bases (structured & unstructured) focused on identifying potential compliance risk areas
- You will provide input/recommendations to the Data Science & Risk Management Governance team regarding development, standardization and delivery prioritization
- You will partner with Data Science & Risk Management and Compliance & Technology Integration team members to evaluate and develop system platforms and technology to enhance our data science capabilities
- A minimum of a Master’s degree with 2 years of experience or Ph.D degree in, Computer Sciences, Statistics, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence, Physics, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Computational Informatics, Medical Informatics, Computational Biology or a related discipline.
- Experience with data mining methodology, common modeling techniques, and presenting data insights
- Good analytical skills. You should be able to analyse and interpret complex data from multiple sources using R, Python, SAS, Java, SQL
- A broad knowledge of existing data science techniques (such as decision trees, clustering, regression, neural networks, Bayesian models) and creativity to invent and customized algorithms when necessary
- Experienced working in a multinational environment and with cross-functional and/or cross-sector teams
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills, including formal presentation skills
- Ability to successfully lead multiple critical priorities/issues
- Ability to influence, negotiate and communicate with both internal and external customers is required
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time, mainly to domestic destinations.
- This position can be based in New Brunswick, NJ; Toronto, Ontario Canada; or Guelph, Ontario Canada.
- Project Management and / or Process Excellence training / certification
- You are a highly motivated individual with demonstrated analytical, communication and social skills. A keen data science curiosity and strong leadership skills are important in our entrepreneurial, fast-paced work environment.
- Previous experience within the pharmaceutical, consumer and/or medical device industries
- Experience in identifying viable data mining opportunities and then conceive, develop and implement end to end data analytical solutions
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-Other Locations
North America-Canada-Ontario-Toronto, North America-Canada-Ontario-GuelphOrganization
Johnson & Johnson International (6078)Job Function