Interested in working with talented people to help develop innovative solutions to some of society’s most complex and challenging problems? We are Guidehouse, a leading consulting firm serving the public sector and commercial clients with specialized capabilities in strategy, technology, and risk management. You may not yet know our name, but we have a rich history. Guidehouse is a combination of PwC’s former public sector practice and Navigant’s deep expertise in energy, financial services and healthcare.We offer an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards individuals based on impact, not tenure. Our firm is at the forefront of an emerging model solving complex problems that stretch across government and private companies, affording our people the opportunity to be on the cutting edge of the consulting profession. By focusing on markets facing transformational change, technology-driven innovation, and significant regulatory pressure, our employees also develop and deploy world class knowledge and problem solving that leads to breakthrough solutions.
The Financial Data Analyst supports a government agency’s CFO organization. Primarily provides daily analytical support to the client’s staff of financial and pricing analysts. Our client relies on analysis of historical cost trends and changes underlying their pricing factors.Success in this role is best characterized by introducing new ideas and analytical approaches to ensuring high data quality, setting prices and/or analyzing operational trends.
Works with our data warehousing specialist to improve the quality of raw data coming from multiple source systems.
Responds to requests for data by determining user’s needs, collecting, organizing, and analyzing data, and providing accurate and complete reports and information.
Works with other analysts to perform a variety of ad-hoc analysis and assessments or initiatives as requested.
Identifies, develops and implements methods for improving reporting efficiency for department.
Performs checks and audits of various data sources to ensure data adheres to data governance and maintenance policies.
Contributes in the data integrity, governance, and data structure standards and policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field(s) of Business, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science/MIS, Operations Management, or similar
- Minimum 1 year of experience in data analysis, databases, business intelligence, or similar
- To perform the role successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical and advanced problem-solving strategies.
- Strong knowledge of data, data objects, data structure, and industry standards.
- Advanced-level computer skills in a Microsoft Office environment
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel including data visualization (Dashboards, Metrics, or Reports)
- Experience with Teradata, SQL, Cognos, or developing content in other business intelligence visualization software
- Authorized to work in the US, able to obtain Secret clearance within a reasonable amount of time
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.