Data Scientist, Paddington
Salary: £43,700 - £54,600
It’s undeniable: Pets truly make the world a better place. That’s why we’re inspired to make A Better World For Pets™, a world where they’re healthy, happy and welcome. It's safe to say, at Mars Petcare, we're passionate about pets, and their health!
At Kinship, we're using digital, data and customer insights to transform our business by finding answers to problems that we’ve often never asked ourselves before. This role will be key in helping us understand the power of our data, and how this translates into value for our company, Pets, and Pet Owners. Frequently the projects will be ambiguous, but that’s part of the fun; you will determine the best way to use our data to tell the right story for any given audience!
What are we looking for?
- Exceptional written & verbal communication, coupled with critical thinking skills.
- Truly inspired by, and want to live, our purpose of creating a better world for pets.
- Experience in a data science role handling varied and complex data
- Proficiency in machine learning modeling and statistical thinking (random forest, decision trees, supervised and unsupervised modeling, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with Python is required; Familiarity with PySpark is also desirable
- Comfortable with ambiguity, with a passion for collaboration to achieve objectives
- A Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field (economics, statistics, business, computer science) or equivalent experience
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Apply data science approaches to understand and predict pet and pet owner behaviors
- Use machine learning techniques, visualizations, & statistical analysis to gain insight into various data sets – some readily available, and some you create and curate yourself
- Support new pet technology businesses and partners by generating insights from our data assets
- Develop compelling stories that provide insight into the drivers of business performance and Pet/Pet Owner behavior
What can you expect from Mars?
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including excellent pension.
- Pet-friendly offices, where your pets enjoyment, is as high on our agenda as yours.
- A company that understands the importance of a work-life balance.
- The chance to take hold of your own career, and develop personally and professionally.
Closing date: 1st July 2020
To open up a dialogue, please click on the APPLY button below. We look forward to hearing from you!