What you'll do...
Are you a hardcore numbers person who wouldenjoy solving some of business' toughest challengesbyilluminating phenomena and opportunity held withinone of the world's largest data sets?As a Data Scientist atWalmart Global Tech, themammothscale and volume ofour globaldata isvirtuallylimitless.You will createinsightsthatinfluencehow we make decisionsthat haveimpactatan unprecedented scale.
You will have the opportunity todo yourbest workwhile unlocking vast business opportunity byextracting key insights, using pattern recognition to develop predictive analytics, and translating results into goal-oriented business actions.Each day, youwill be presented with a variety of new challenges and interesting projects that tap your interests and strengths.This isn't analyst work; you'll be leveraging data science methods, including AI and machine learning in an incredibly dynamic and engaging environment.
Min Requirements: 7 years' experience in data science, machine learning, optimization models, or related field.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Advising onanalysisandmodeling techniques,selecting thebest fitfor structured& unstructured, complex data,and developingcustom analytics modelstogenerate insights that drive value for our customers andunlock competitive advantage forour organization
- Collaborating with our data engineerstogatherthe rightinformation fromourvarious sourcesso that you canimplement advanced statistical methodologiesand design interventions to optimize how our business can best perform
- Conductingexploratoryanalysisincluding hypothesis testing,statistical inference, and statistical analysis (predictiveand/or prescriptive)
- Partnering with business and technical stakeholders to translatechallenging retailbusiness problemsintostate-of-the-art data sciencesolutions
- Developing processes and toolsthatmonitor,analyzeand continuously improvemodel performance and data accuracy
What You'll Bring
- You're an inquisitive, out-of-the box thinker who's continually on the lookout for opportunities to improve and innovate data science solutions
- You have consistently high standards,your passion for quality is inherent in everything that you do
- You have the courage to fail fast
- You have proven ability as a full stack data scientistwho develops, optimizes, and scalesmodelsfor theproduction environment
- You connectthehow and why, usingyour knowledgeofdata sciencetheoriesandmethodologiestoderive the best approach that is fit-for-purpose
- You have a proven ability with statistical methods and advanced modelling techniques (e.g., SVM, Random Forest, Bayesian inference, graph models, NLP, Computer Vision, neural networks, etc.)
- You'reexperiencedwith languagesusedto manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets(e.g.Python, R, SQL, etc.)
- You'reproficientusingdatabase technologies and distributed datastores (e.g. SQL, NoSQL)
- Youhave experiencewithSpark,Hiveand TensorFlow etc.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Hiring across: Associate Tech, Fulfilment, Ops Engineering, Integrated Supply Chain & Transformation, Global Marketplace, Transportation, Data Science, Replenishment, Computer Vision & AI, Merchandising, Item & Inventory, WEC
About Global Tech
From entry-level to executive positions, Walmart provides limitless opportunities for growth, and career development.
Walmart started small, with a single discount store and the simple philosophy of selling more for less. Today, we are a growing technology-enabled company founded on the same values as our first store. We establish clear expectations, empower associates to manage their work, and hold ourselves and one another to a high standard.
Walmart's scale enables us to have an. No other company has the reach of Walmart, with 2.3 million associates worldwide and over 230 million weekly customers.
Walmart is reshaping retail by investing in an expanding workforce. While technology is at the heart of our digital transformation, people are the reason we succeed and the force behind our innovations. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow.
Flexible, hybrid work
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily virtual, while remaining near the locations Global Tech calls home. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We use our campuses to collaborate and be together in person, as business needs require and for development and networking opportunities.
Our U.S. hubs are: Atlanta, GA; Bentonville AR; Charlotte, NC; Dallas, TX, Hoboken, NJ; Reston, VA; Seattle, WA and Sunnyvale, CA.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond our great compensation package, we offer performance incentives. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor of Science and 2 years' data science experience OR Master of Science and 1 year's data science experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Bachelor's degree and experience in an analytics related field, Doctorate and experience in an analytics related field, Master's degree and experience in an analytics related field, SQL and relational databases (for example, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server), Statistical Programming Language
Bachelors: Analytics, Bachelors: Economics, Bachelors: Mathematics, Bachelors: Statistics, Doctorate: Analytics, Doctorate: Economics, Doctorate: Mathematics, Doctorate: Statistics, Masters: Analytics, Masters: Economics, Masters: Mathematics, Masters: Statistics
Business Analytics - Certification, Data Mining - Certification, Statistical Analysis - Certification
603 MUNGER AVE STE 400, DALLAS, TX 75202, United States of America