About Cognite And Cogniters
Cognite is a global leader in industrial software with our Industrial DataOps platform, Cognite Data Fusion®, at the core. We were awarded the 2022 Technology Innovation Leader for Global Digital Industrial Platforms .
At Cognite, the Global Delivery team leads software implementation, deployment & adoption for clients, and helps them accelerate their digital transformation efforts with Cognite’s product suite. We consist of people with diverse and high-performance backgrounds, ranging from Management Consulting, to Industry and Software development. We seek to continuously improve how we work with our clients, how we work together as a team, and how we develop as individuals.
Do you see how data can be used, modeled and visualized in new ways to improve decisions in industrial engineering, but you experience that the tools and data availability is insufficient to create impact? If you want to change that, and take part in forming what the future of the industry will look like you should join our Cognite and become a part of the team responsible for delivering Cognite’s cutting edge industry solutions to our customers!
As a Data Engineer
, located in Austin, TX,
you will design, develop and implement data infrastructure and best-in-class pipelines that collect, connect, centralize and curate data from various internal and external data sources. You will ensure that architectures support the needs of the business, and recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency. You are an experienced engineer with a passion for software development, hands-on in designing, implementing, and delivering features for flagship products.
What You'll Do
- Partner with Solution Architects to understand client requirements and define queries with subject matter experts
- Develop custom extractors using backend technologies and languages i.e Python, Spark, Rest APIs
- Customize existing extractors i.e. database extractor using SQL, event streaming using Kafka and deploy using Docker
- Create custom data models for data discovery, mapping, and cleansing
- Collaborate with product development to turn customer needs into potential product offerings
- Prototype data visualization and dashboards
Who You Are
- 3+ years of experience in a Data intense role
- Experience in O&G, Power & Utilities and/or Manufacturing is required
- BS or MS degree in computer science or related field
- Loves to code, passion for coding, and enjoys sharing that knowledge with others
- Strong understanding of data analysis or data science
- Experience working with data technologies, such as: ETL, SQL, Python
- Ability to work on both internal and external client-facing projects and communicate with key stakeholders
- Ability to travel onsite to meet with and engage with clients -- we don’t build solutions in isolation.
- Role based in Houston, TX or (Austin, TX w/ travel to Houston)
Why choose Cognite? 🏆 🚀
- Join us in making a real and lasting impact in one of the most exciting and fastest-growing new software companies in the world.
- We have repeatedly demonstrated that digital transformation, when anchored on strong DataOps, drives business value and sustainability for clients and allows front-line workers, as well as domain experts, to make better decisions every single day.
- We were recognized as one of CNBC's top global enterprise technology startups powering digital transformation !
- And just recently, Frost & Sullivan named Cognite a Technology Innovation Leader !
A snapshot of our many perks and benefits as a Cogniter
- Competitive Compensation including base plus bonus
- 401(k) with 4% employer matching
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages with premiums fully covered for employees and all dependents
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- 18 Company Holidays including the week between Christmas & New Years
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Company Paid Friday Lunch via DoorDash + Fully Stocked Fridges in the offices
- Join a team of 70 different nationalities 🌐 with Diversity, Equality and Inclusion (DEI) in focus 🤝.
- A highly modern and fun working environment with sublime culture across the organization, follow us on Instagram @ cognitedata 📷 to know more
- Opportunity to work with and learn from some of the best people on some of the most ambitious projects found anywhere, across industries
- Join our HUB 🗣️ to be part of the conversation directly with Cogniters and our partners.
- Paid mobile phone and WiFI
- A pet lover? Get the chance to meet Spot 🐶!
Cognite is a global industrial SaaS company that was established with one clear vision: to rapidly empower industrial companies with contextualized, trustworthy, and accessible data to help drive the full-scale digital transformation of asset-heavy industries around the world. Our core Industrial DataOps platform, Cognite Data Fusion™,
enables industrial data and domain users to collaborate quickly and safely to develop, operationalize, and scale industrial AI solutions and applications to deliver both profitability and sustainability. Visit us at www.cognite.com and follow us on Twitter @CogniteData or LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cognitedata
Cognite is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment at work and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive the same level of consideration for employment; everyone we hire will receive the same level of consideration for training, compensation, and promotion.
We ask for gender as part of our application because we want to ensure equal assessment in the recruitment process. Your answer will help us reach this commitment! However, the question about gender is optional and your choice not to answer will not affect the assessment of your application in any way.