Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defense, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
Job Duties (Description of specific duties in a typical workday for this position:
The Data Engineer is responsible for the developing and supporting the creation of dashboards with efficient queries and adhering to design and performance specifications from various designated data sources. The engineer works with the product teams in order to understand, analyze, document and efficiently implement reusable components such as reports, filters, context-based navigation and visualizations utilizing data APIs, relational sources, various file formats and streaming data. They are expected to work in close collaboration with data supplier, customer and data consumer teams for effective and efficient delivery to schedules and requirements.
The Data Engineer brings passion about applying data visualization & analytics to problems, strong knowledge on modern best practices for data visualization application platforms that support multiple languages such as Python, R and SQL. The Data Engineer drives towards a DataOps approach utilizing automation and orchestration for version control, deployments and code management. They bring a good understanding of AWS as a platform and the motivation to learn proactively to enhance skills needed to support tasks at hand.
- The successful candidate will be able to rapidly support & develop visualizations, dashboards and reusable components using Athena, S3, App UI and Web service backends
- Understand requirements and specifications such as visualization types, pallettes, and other standards including navigation
- Utilize identified python and AWS tools and services such as TabPy and Python libraries and utilities as needed
- Create and execute medium to complex SQL scripts to validate and test data prior to and during the lifecycle of reports and dataset development
The candidate must have a successful track record in handling complex datasets with minimal supervision. The candidate will be expected to support a variety of structured and semi-structured data in streaming and batch frameworks. Troubleshoot, monitor and coordinate defect resolution related to all dashboard components including access and performance; Responsible for the creation and support of all data visualizations, queries, components and modules within the current scope of the system.
Requirements (Years of experience, Education, Certifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with supporting and enabling complex dashboards and SQL and NoSQL backends
- 3+ year of work experience on AWS based data sources such as RDS, Athena, Redshift
- 1+ year of experience using complex data sets and formats such as JSON, AVRO, parquet
- 1+ year of experience in data profiling and quality management
- 1+ year experience working with CI/CD tools including Git for ETL and scripts repository
- Experience of working in AWS environments and AWS certifications
- Experience with big data tools such as EMR/Spark, Databricks/PySpark
- Experience working with database versioning tools such as Flyway
- Experience in Jenkins scripting
- US Citizenship
- Ability to obtain Public Trust (Once Hired)
This is a full time position paying a base salary, full benefits, and has possible bonus potential based on merit and performance. To be considered for this position, please apply online with a cover letter and MS Word resume.
OST is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.