Dotmatics is a leader in R&D scientific software connecting science, data, and decision-making. Its enterprise R&D platform and scientists’ favourite applications drive efficiency and accelerate innovation. More than 2 million scientists and 10,000 customers trust Dotmatics to help them create a healthier, cleaner, safer world. Dotmatics is a global team of more than 800 employees dedicated to supporting its customers in over 180 countries. The company’s principal office is in Boston, with 14 offices and R&D teams located around the world supporting the platform and its popular applications including GraphPad, SnapGene, Geneious, Protein Metrics, and Lab Archives.
Why work for us? The list is long but here’s just a few reasons;
As a global business, (that hasn’t lost its family feel) we can offer opportunities in locations such as the United Kingdom, Europe, United States & Asia. We also offer a great work life balance, remote working or you are welcome to work in our offices, dedicated Cultural Ambassadors – even if you are a remote worker, you don’t need to feel like it! Excellent pay and benefits, generous pension scheme, equity & generous holidays
Dotmatics is seeking a fully remote Data Analyst, Finance to join its growing Strategic Finance team and serve as the analytical engine for a fast-growing, highly acquisitive, mission driven SaaS business executing on a global growth strategy. In this force multiplier role, you will support the Director of FP&A in delivering value-added analysis and relevant financial and operating metrics that help drive sound business decisions. The ideal candidate is intellectually curious, has excellent analytical skills, and possesses a passion for digging into data and building models.
In this role you will get to
- Be an analytical partner to key leaders. Research ways of modeling data to unlock actionable insights or improve processes.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to support the forecast and help maintain the strategic operating plan.
- Develop and maintain financial and operating models and reporting metrics.
- Consolidate data across business units and acquisitions with different definitions and measurement.
- Lead financial data processes and support the rhythm of consistent reporting and of timely, accurate data flows.
- Prepare variance reports, forecast updates, and support the close cycle as needed.
- Deliver executive-ready presentations and analyses and create dashboards and reports to guide business decisions.
- Shape and continuously improve both standard reports and customized analyses to deliver ongoing insight to leaders.
- Enhance operational excellence within the team by creating useful data automation wherever possible.
- Develop a deep understanding of industry trends and benchmarks
We are looking for people who have 3+ years of experience in data analytics and/or finance, preferably within a dynamic and high growth business environment. You should also demonstrate:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Data Engineering, Finance or related quantitative background
- Experience working with large datasets; proficiency in SQL; ability to connect to multiple data sources
- Familiarity with cloud data warehouses (Snowflake)
- Experience using reporting and visualization tools (Expert Power BI, Tableau, Google Workspace, Smartsheets, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Ability to self-start and self-direct work in an unstructured environment
- Must be extremely collaborative and comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Strong modeling & analytics, high attention to detail, and great communication skills
- Experience working with financial data sets and a general understanding of 3 statement financial modeling considered a big plus
Dotmatics is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work.