What can you expect?
Python Predictions is currently looking for an experienced data engineer. In this role, you will need to be able to adapt quickly to new technologies, applications and environments. You will operate with our current clients on a medium to long-term basis. All candidates need working proficiency in English, knowledge of Dutch and French is a plus.More Specifically, The Responsibilities Include
As a data engineer, you will help our clients with building a variety of data applications in the cloud. This includes a broad range of competences, from understanding the requirements, setting up the proper cloud architecture all the way to developing and deploying the application.
- Design complex analytics solutions with large data sets on distributed systems including the design of data lakes and (data) ingestion pipelines.
- Identify design and implement process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-design infrastructure for greater scalability etc
- Develop microservices to serve data from the data lake or to expose machine learning models’ predictions to customer-facing products
- Coach colleagues and clients in your area of expertise
Who are we looking for?Required
- Master or PhD in Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related field
- At least 5 years of experience as a Data Engineer or in software engineering in a data context
- Programming experience with more than one programming language: Python, Scala, Java, C/C++, …
- Knowledge of database technologies/concepts and SQL is required
- Solid understanding of Linux
- In depth knowledge of at least one cloud provider (GCP, AWS or Azure). Certifications from any of these is considered a plus.
- Experience with big data technologies such as Apache Spark, ElasticSearch, etc
- Experience building, scheduling and maintaining data pipelines (Airflow, Data Factory, …)
- Experience with streaming and incremental data pipelines
- Able to coach others and give technical advice and direction
- Experience with Git, CI/CD, testing automation, containers, container orchestration
- Knowledge of security practices: access control for data and systems
- Understanding of common data architectures
- Able to work independently, prioritize multiple stakeholders and tasks, and manage work time effectively.
- Proficient in English, knowledge of Dutch and/or French is a plus.
- Experience with Data warehousing, business intelligence
- Experience with Data Quality and Governance
- Interest in Data Science and Machine Learning Engineering
What do we have to offer?
- Python Predictions is a Brussels-based service provider specialized in data projects with business impact
- In January 2020, Python Predictions joined Tobania – a leading Belgian business & technology consulting firm that guides their clients through digital business transformation
- Great variation in job content due to missions in different industries, different domains and different environments
- In-company training adapted to your personal needs
- Continuous learning in monthly team meetings and personal development time
- A great team of colleagues with shared values
Discover our Tobania galaxy