Provides support to the Test Engineering Staff of one of YPG’s commodity test divisions. Ensures the Yuma Test Center’s and test customer’s data quality requirements are met on assigned programs, areas, or functions. Supports YTC test programs by providing expertise and products related to data collection, processing, reduction, and analysis. Performs statistical analysis of data and design of experiments for test programs. Monitors the effect of changes or corrective actions, such as changes to test procedures, on data quality. Assists Test Officers by checking data quality, analysis of engineering test data, and reduction of large data sets for inclusion in test reports. Performs other duties as assigned. QualificationsPay Rate
Job Skills Requirements:
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or Computer Science from an accredited college or university.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge in the use of LabVIEW, Matlab, MathCAD, or other numerical analysis software.
- Must have experience in data analysis and technical writing.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office – including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and be able to convey information clearly to management, customers, coworkers, employees, and government officials in a professional, positive, and customer focused manner.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical and periodic retests.
- Must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions including summer temperatures peaking around 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned.
- Must meet the physical requirements necessary to perform operations outlined, performed, and stated in the SOPs for YPG and TRAX.
- Must be able to work long and varied hours.
- Must be capable of frequent bending, squatting, crouching, kneeling, standing, climbing, and stooping, sometimes for long periods.
- Must be able to ascend and descend equipment.
- Must be able to visually distinguish colors.
- Must be capable of lifting and transporting 25 lbs. unassisted.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Must possess a valid driver's license, without special restrictions.
- Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed – sometimes on short notice – to support test missions.
- Must have dependable transportation and a dependable means of communication.
- Must be punctual, responsible, reliable, trustworthy, and dependable.
- Must be able to use two-way radios, email, and cellular phones for communications.
- Must have a positive, well-mannered customer service attitude and the ability to maintain a strong customer service attitude at all times.
- Must have demonstrated experience as highly motivated; self-directed; able to set priorities and meet deadlines; able to follow through on complex projects; and strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to understand, follow, and enforce policies, instructions, regulations, etc.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a stressful, fast-paced work environment, be highly organized, and possess the willingness to adapt to any situation.
- Must be able to work in a team setting, fostering teamwork, and maintaining a professional relationship with all team members and coworkers, in and outside of your immediate work area.
- Must be able to provide leadership to subordinate employees when necessary.
- Must have interest in learning and developing in the field of test and evaluation of military equipment and systems.
Terms of Employment & Eligibility Requirements:
- Experience leading a multi-disciplined project team.
- Knowledge of government office procedures and prior work experience in government testing office environment.
***Relevance of experience to be determined by hiring manager.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
- Must be a current TRAX employee or affiliate subcontractor for internal postings.
The lists above me are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this position. TRAX International reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
Closing Date: Open Until FilledOther Job Information (if applicable)
•TRAX International, Test Services Division, participates in E-Verify.
TRAX Test Services also encompasses affiliate subcontracts. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the subcontracts.
- TRAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
- TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.