Job Id: 23702950You're the brains behind our work.
You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth. Our programmes equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value career growth; it is not a question of if, but when.
The Operational Excellence (OE) group sits in Citi’s Operations and Technology organization. Our team is responsible for designing and delivering new strategies and tools to assist enterprise-wide Operations groups to articulate their performance at delivering against Citi’s objectives. To deliver these objectives we work with leaders across Citi Operations, with a total influence across 80,000 employees. The Data & Analytics team, within OE, consists of 3 streams, Operational Metrics, Data, and Dashboarding. The team’s focus is delivering business functionality – providing Enterprise Operations with the data to make effective decision making, balancing efficiency, risk, and client experience, streamlining operations by automating processes from beginning to end, reducing manual touch points, and creating simpler processes across the firm.
Operations makes everything work on time and on target, in a world that demands lightning-fast transaction speeds, pinpoints execution accuracy and full visibility. It ensures global transactions flow smoothly around the clock, wherever we do business. Without it, the daily clearance, settlement and execution of 5 trillion dollars’ worth of transactions and the weekly movement of tens of billions of dollars in dozens of world currencies would come to a complete standstill.We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
Here at Citi, rotational programmes are intended to help you build a broad skillset and accelerate your career growth by gaining exposure to more than one role. Our rotational programme will help you discover the best fit for your skills and long-term career goals at Citi.
This programme will help you develop the skills and experience to grow your career in Data Science. You will work with data from our surveillance framework, collaborating with a truly global team to introduce AI/ML to our current surveillance framework.
You are hired into roles to perform jobs at the highest levels while continuously seeking ways to improve and innovate. Each graduate works in a highly collaborative environment to ensure that processes are implemented and utilised to facilitate peak operational functionality at Citi. Through ongoing professional and technical training and networking and mentoring opportunities, you will build the necessary professional skills for future leadership positions within Citi O&T.Your time here will look something like this...
As a Graduate Data Scientist, you will be developing quality and scalable machine learning solutions using leading-edge technologies. Based on your understanding of business requirements, you will perform complex exploratory analysis of our data before developing suitable machine learning solutions.
Below are some examples of responsibilities:
We want to hear from you if...
- Evolution of existing models and tools to expand and improve the risk coverage and surveillances we provide.
- The creation of new models or tools according to our client’s needs.
- Extraction and wrangling of big data to provide meaningful insights through complex analysis
- Conducting end-to-end projects spanning behavior definition, feature design, prototyping, evaluation and delivery.
- Actively engaging in relevant research projects to develop novel approaches to Compliance goals
- Working with the team to break down business requests into actionable items
- Working in an open and collaborative manner - mentoring junior team members and leveraging the expertise of established colleagues
- Develop an in depth understanding of our data, models and goals and appreciate how they fit into the strategic decisions of the enterprise
- Comprehensive documentation of work for model review and knowledge transfer
- Work with our engineering, BI and product teams to bring solutions to production and report results accurately.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit...
- You have a passion for technology and analytics
- You are studying a STEM degree and interested in pursuing a career in date science
- Strong programming skills in at least one language, (Python & R preferred)
- Experience with visualisation tools such as Tableau/Qlik (desirable not essential)
- Experience with packages such as ggplot/matplotlib/seaborn (desirable not essential)
- You have recently graduated or will be graduating by 2024
- You have obtained or are on course to achieve a 2:1 (or equivalent) at undergraduate level
- You enjoy using data to solve problems and improve understanding
A hunger to learn and a passion for the business are vital. We are hiring professionals who have a global perspective and want to make an impact on the corporate level. You value diversity and so do we. We’ll also be looking for the following:
Successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary. The role will be based at 33 Canada Square Canary Wharf - London, E14 5LB, United Kingdom.
- Ability to multi-task with sharp problem solving skills
- Strong communicator, able to build relationships and rapport easily
- Adaptable and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude and keen to learn
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
-------------------------------------------------Job Family Group:
Management Development Programs
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the EEO is the Law
poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting