At Span, we are building products to drive the rapid adoption of renewable energy by designing the infrastructure for a distributed, renewable grid. Our smart panel reinvents home electrical systems as part of the distributed grid and makes user-friendly renewable energy at the center of the smart home, presenting intelligent load-balancing and revolutionary edge-of-grid controls to homeowners through the Span mobile app.
The Research and Development Org is the driving force behind SPAN's technology. The team designs and completes a wide range of test setups and experiments, crafting a pathway that will best meet the needs at hand and moving collectively and independently across department constraints. The Eccles Lab facility is solely focused on implementing the vision and practical application of existing and new product testing and development.
We aim to establish the SPAN panel as the center of home energy and the backbone of the renewable distributed grid. As Data Analyst leader on our team, you will define the strategy for information flows and insights around the company. You will support company leaders by providing access to strategic information, and being a thought-partner in defining and tracking KPI's. You will also support our hardware and software product teams by structuring our dashboards to help them identify issues and opportunities.
The job responsibilities include:
Note: We're a startup, so while this list is broad, it's still just a start; you'll end up wearing many hats during your time at Span.
- Designing, implementing and monitoring metrics
- Ensuring engagement and adoption of dashboards and fostering a culture of data-driven decisions
- Leading the design and execution of the communication of information to stakeholders on all levels
- Building scalable solutions to help software and hardware teams to identify and investigate issues
- Automating information flows by using data pipelines, dashboards, and reports
- Being a thought leader and implementation partner to the product development teams
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a closely related field.
- 5+ years' professional experience doing data analysis and dashboards on large data sets
- Advanced proficiency with SQL, Python, and Git
- Extensive experience with Tableau, and/or experience with other data visualization platforms such as Cluvio or Looker
- Ability to work independently on complex projects
- Passion and willingness to mentor and support career development for juniors
- Good verbal and written communication skills, particularly with senior business leaders
- Professional experience in energy and/or hardware product development
- Experience with time series data
- Experience with writing data pipelines (e.g., Airflow, Prefect, etc.)
The U.S. base salary range for this position is $125,600 - $148,700 plus benefits, equity and variable compensation for Sales-related roles. This range represents SPAN's good faith estimate of competitively-priced salary for the role based on national, real-time industry data from companies of a similar growth stage. This range reflects minimum and maximum new hire salaries for the role across US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by location and individual factors including relevant skills, experience and education or training. This range correlates to the relative level of the candidate we believe we need for the role and may require an adjustment for candidates of a different level.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for the location this role is based during the hiring process.Life at SPAN
Headquartered in San Francisco's vibrant SoMa neighborhood, we are an eclectic group of creative thinkers who value open communication, teamwork, and a 'make it happen' approach to addressing complex challenges.
SPAN embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We're hiring talented individuals who are driven by success and are passionate about shaping the future of renewable energy. If that sounds like you, we'd love for you to consider joining the rapidly growing team at SPAN.The Perks:
⚡ Competitive compensation + equity grants at a well-funded, venture-backed company
⚡ Comprehensive benefits (including medical; dental, vision, life and disability insurance)
⚡ Comfortable, sunny office space located near BART and Caltrain public transit
⚡ Strong focus on team building and company culture (events, meet-ups, clubs)
⚡ Flexible hours and unlimited PTO