Senior Data Scientist
The senior data scientist will work in close collaboration with the US Machine learning team in all the processes necessary in a data science project. This will involve data cleaning, wrangling, and exploratory data analysis, feature generation and selection, creating models, and boost their performance & accuracy. He or she will assist and guide more junior resources and act as a sounding board. It is important that the person in this role is proactive and independent. The ideal candidate should be a problem solver with an open mind and an eagerness to pick-up new skills ranging from deeper statistical analysis and better modeling skills to honing programming and communication skills.
Work you’ll do
- Extract, load and transform data (ETL) from structured and unstructured sources
- Advanced feature creation and selection
- Create and fine-tune machine learning models
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in machine learning
- Master and extend technical and soft skills
- Guide and assist junior resources
Deloitte’s Solutions Network (SNET) is a global network that connects Deloitte’s solution centers, extended delivery centers, clients, and vendor partners. The primary focus of the SNET is to support client development projects, client pursuits, solution development, and practice development. The SNET does this by providing project teams with a hosted infrastructure that includes a large mix of hardware vendors, operating systems, and technical application expertise. The SNET also provides on-site technical architecture and application experts for Deloitte’s clients. The machine learning team specifically focusses on creating products and solutions that require deeper analytical and problem-solving skills to create tangible results. This is a continuous cycle where we strive to keep innovating and provide state-of-the-art assets.
- Knowledge of Python (Numpy, pandas, Scikit, etc) and R.
- Good knowledge of statistics, scientific method, data collection and cleaning
- Knowledge of the most commonly used machine learning models
- Good documentation and structuring habits
- Able to report to a technical and a non-technical audience.
- Goal oriented with high standards for quality and performance.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must.
- Knowledge of UNIX
- Master’s degree or up in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or related fields
and two years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of related experience
- Knowledge of deep learning, NLP or big data analytics tools (f.e. Apache Spark) is a plus
- Experience with Google and Amazon Machine Learning and Cloud tools is a plus
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, we’ve invested a great deal to create a rich environment in which our professionals can grow. We want all our people to develop in their own way, playing to their own strengths as they hone their leadership skills. And, as a part of our efforts, we provide our professionals with a variety of learning and networking opportunities—including exposure to leaders, sponsors, coaches, and challenging assignments—to help accelerate their careers along the way. No two people learn in exactly the same way. So, we provide a range of resources including live classrooms, team-based learning, and eLearning. DU: The Leadership Centre in India, our state-of-the-art, world-class learning Centre in the Hyderabad offices is an extension of the Deloitte University (DU) in Westlake, Texas, and represents a tangible symbol of our commitment to our people’s growth and development. Explore DU: The Leadership Center in India
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture that is inclusive, invites authenticity, leverages our diversity, and where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.