Job Summary And Mission
This position contributes to Starbucks success by building enterprise data services for analytic solutions. This position is responsible for the design, development, testing, and support for data pipelines to enable continuous data processing for data exploration, data preparation, and real-time business analytics.
Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.Summary Of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Identify and assess new concepts and or technologies and lead the incorporation of improvements into the team's existing frameworks processes, standards, and tools
- Demonstrate deep knowledge and the ability to lead others in the data engineering team to build and support non-interactive (batch, distributed) & real-time, highly available data, data pipeline, and technology capabilities
- Build fault-tolerant, self-healing, adaptive, and highly accurate data computational pipelines
- Manage the decision-making process related to the selection of software solutions that make up the architecture
- Provide consultation and lead implementation of complex programs
- Work with infrastructure provisioning & configuration tools to develop scripts to automate deployment of physical and virtual environments; to develop tools to monitor usage of virtual resources.
- Define & implement data retention policies and procedures
- Define & implement data governance policies and procedures
- Identify improvements in team coding standards and help in the implementation of the improvements.
- Leverage subject matter expertise to coordinate issue resolution efforts across peer support groups, technical support teams, and vendors
- Develop and maintain documentation relating to all assigned systems and projects
- Tune queries running over billions of rows of data in a distributed query engine
- Perform root cause analysis to identify permanent resolutions to software or business process issues
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience We are looking for strong hands-on knowledge (more than 6/10) in the following:
- Strong/expert Spark in a Cloud environment, Azure preferred
- Hands-on data pipeline development, ingest patterns
- Strong knowledge of NoSQL database technologies
- Core understanding of Distributed database systems
- Distributed Analytical processing
- Python and or Scala.
- 7-10 years experience Architect and designing large scale high performance distributed systems
- 7-10 years experience with SQL Platform
- 3+ years experience with No-SQL Platform
- 3+ years experience with Spark
- 3+ years of experience Data platform implementation on Azure or AWS
- 2+ years experience CI/CD experience
- 2+ years of experience in exposure to SOA architecture
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Effective communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Databricks
- Strong working knowledge of Java or Scala or C#
- Strong working knowledge of SQL
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and No-SQL Platforms
- Proficiency in debugging, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and relevant tooling
- Strong working knowledge of Hadoop, YARN, MapReduce, Pig or Hive, Spark
- Demonstrated ability to “productionalize” at least 2 big data implementations
- Experience using one of the public cloud (AWS or Azure preferred) for data applications
- Proficiency in shell scripting
- Solid understanding of data design patterns and best practices
- Proficiency in CI/CD tools
- Proficiency in logging and monitoring tools, patterns & implementations
- Understanding of enterprise security, REST / SOAP services, best practices around enterprise deployments.
- Proven ability and desire to mentor others in a team environment
- Working knowledge of data visualization tools such as Tableau is a plus
- Practice, evangelize, and be an ambassador for agile and DevOps culture
- Proven ability and desire to lead others in a team environment
If you live in the greater Seattle area, we offer a flexible workplace that allows for hybrid work. Partners can work remotely up to two days per week.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.