About the job
- Stress Testing and Financial Simulations (STFS) Lisbon
- The team aims to manage Stress Tests models on the one hand and to ingest and transform the data, which ultimately feeds a simulation engine, on the other hand. Within the STFS Lisbon unit made of two teams you will do you internship within the team:
- Stress Testing Methodologies and Models
- Additionally to the core focus around credit risk models and methodologies, the team is also involved in transversal methodologies related to securitization and market risks and works closely with other teams on innovation around data quality.
Your Main Activities Are
- The primary target of the internship is to build a challenger model for market scenarios prediction using Machine Learning techniques. Depending on the motivation and skills, you may also participate to all projects involving ML worked on at the Lisbon Hub.
- 6 month internship
Profile and Skills to Success
- Recently graduated or in last academic year at school or following a Post-Graduate
- Strong interest in the financial data
- Programming skills required – Python; R is a plus
- Experience with Python libraries such as numpy, pandas, scikit-learn, or equivalent
- Knowledge of Machine Learning techniques
- Ability to query and to analyze data
- Written and oral fluency in English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
About the Team
Within the RISK function, Risk Enterprise Architecture (ERA) gathers and transforms data into Risk information to provide internal and external stakeholders with a holistic understanding of the Bank’s current and anticipated risks.
In order to provide a transversal understanding of the Bank’s risks, RISK ERA:
- Develops the infrastructure (i.e. systems, models and services) to quantify, analyze and report risks,
- Manages the quality of RISK data to ensure high standards of risk representation, analysis and reporting,
- Independently assesses the Bank’s liquidity, interest rate and foreign exchange risk of ALMT activities.
RISK ERA serves the Chief Risk Officer, the General Management and the Board, as well as the RISK business domains, for each type of risk. RISK ERA is a worldwide department, located in Paris, London, Brussels, New York, Hong Kong and Lisbon.
Why joining BNP Paribas?
- Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 68 countries, with around 193 000 Employees – including more than 148 000 in Europe.
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 6.500 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
- Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
- Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
- In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.