Utilise analytical, statistical, and programming skills to collect, analyse, and interpret large data sets and develop data-driven solutions to difficult business challenges. Present information in a simple comprehendible output to stakeholders and proactively researches new ways for predicting and modelling.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Develop new approaches and techniques that enable the achievement of the digital transformation strategy whilst also solving complex business problems
Build and maintain internal and external (within TFG) stakeholder relationships
- Understand business problem statements.
- Research, investigate and provide innovative recommendations to solving business problems.
- Design, implement, and evaluate advanced statistical models and approaches for application in the business.
- Analyse trends and patterns and develop illustrations which can be comprehended by stakeholders.
- Make use of machine learning tools and statistical Analysis.
- Conduct research in conjunction with the BA which leads to Proof of concepts.
- Perform ad-hoc data mining and exploratory statistics tasks on large data-sets related to the business’s strategies.
- Prepare reports and presentations for relevant stakeholders that will give insights for departmental as well as business wide decision making.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to communicate obstacles and findings to improve decision making and drive business performance.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Infotec) across the business in solving complex business issues.
Research various technologies and tools to build efficiencies and automation
- Research, test and evaluate technology to build efficiencies and automation.
- Develop illustrations and visualisations from models which easily convey analytics findings to stakeholders.
- Design, implement, and evaluate advanced statistical models and approaches for application in complex issues
Relevant Degree in B Com Informatics/ BSc Computer Science/ Statistics
Work experience required
Relevant working experience - 4-5 years
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act.