Data Analyst and Insights
JPMorgan Chase is expanding consumer business beyond the U.S. borders for the first time, beginning with a digital-only retail bank in the U.K. We are looking for commercially minded, customer focused, hands on data analysts, who want to be a part of building digital-only retail bank.
Culture is as important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious and honest, passionate, hungry individuals who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. This role will be based in Bangalore, India.
The success of this business relies on the platform that will be built - we will be using a stack that is cloud native relying on cutting edge technology and seek full stack minded engineers.
In this role, the candidate will be responsible for providing data driven insights and developing dashboards using Tableau to the consumer insights, products and marketing teams. The role would also involve providing statistical analysis and consequently this role will suit a candidate looking to extend their analytical capabilities.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, business partners, and research teams to understand business problem
- Help the LOB stakeholders innovate through data-driven decisioning by querying data and merging information from diverse data sources to create rich datasets that enable better decision-making
- Work with other Analytics teams and multi-task on projects to summarize and synthesize data and present recommendations to the businesses in a clear and logical manner
- Identify unexplored data opportunities for the business to unlock and maximize the potential of digital data within the organization
- Support ongoing technology evaluation process and proof of concept projects
- Experience in scripting with SQL with a strong ability to write complex queries to extract information
- Experience with statistics and big data
- Experience in articulating product, user research or marketing questions, pulling data from datasets (SQL) and using statistics to arrive at an answer.
- Competent in data analysis in Python
- Analyze data using tools such as Tableau, Alteryx, SQL and SAS to develop and automate reports or analysis that lead to actionable business insights
- Distinctive problem-solving skills and impeccable business judgment
- Ability to translate analysis results into business recommendations, and excellent written and confident verbal communication skills
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Experience with relational databases utilizing SQL to pull and summarize large datasets, report creation and ad-hoc analyses
- Demonstrated ability to think beyond raw data and to understand the underlying business context and sense business opportunities hidden in data
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and partners from a variety of business functions
- Self-starter who can provide insights and drive results in a dynamic and fast evolving environment
- Adept at multi-tasking and meeting deadlines in high-pressure environmentJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.