Under the direction of Director – Data Engineer, the Senior Data Engineer works closely with business leaders, managers, staff and vendor to accurately gather and interpret requirements, specifications. Develop technical specifications and recommend, design, develop, test, implement, and support innovative and optimal data solutions. Serves as a coach and mentor to Data engineering team
- Lead on all aspects of a modern and flexible SDLC approach, applied to data engineering, analytics and data science efforts
- Provide business guidance and steer efforts toward desired outcomes; partner with internal stakeholders and external vendors to meet strategic data warehouse goals
- Research, evaluate and formally recommend third party software and technology package
- Responsible for new & existing integrated system & data flow enterprise architecture
- Set standards for data engineering functions; design templates for the data management which are scalable, repeatable, and simple
- Defines and develops appropriate controls to monitor quality of the enterprise data warehouse process
- Preparation of technical specification
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a complex data warehouse role for a mid to large size organization; Health Care industry experience highly desired
- Minimum 4 years hands on experience with ETL/Data Integration, BI, data mining and modeling, SSIS strongly preferred
- Proficiency in all facets of DW Architecture, data flow strategy, data modeling, metadata and master data management
- Mastery expertise in SQL and RDBMS systems such as Microsoft SQL Server
- Knowledge of and experience working with reporting tools like SSRS and Tableau
- Stay abreast of established and industry emerging data technologies
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality technical documentation.
- Experience in implementing a data architecture with separation between storage and compute preferred.
- Deep understanding of data architecture and ability to coordinate with the implementation team is highly desired.