Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to Dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news, and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world's leading publishers and content creators, France Télévisions, Le Parisien, CBS, Bein Sports, CNN, GQ, Universal Music Group, VICE and more, Dailymotion commands 3 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
At Dailymotion, we‘re storytellers. We build the best place for people to enjoy the videos that matter. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring discoverable stories to life through premium content from the world’s best publishers. We do this by helping these publishers grow their audiences and monetize their content, their way.
Dailymotion is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We value inclusion and we want you to help us thrive for a more diverse community.
Dailymotion is seeking for a Machine Learning Engineer Intern to join our Machine Learning team, especially, the team responsible for personalization/recommendation. Your work will have a direct impact on Dailymotion’s business and users. You will be part of a team made up of several Machine Learning Scientists/Engineers, Data Engineers and Data Analysts that closely work together on several machine learning projects including recommender systems, semantic annotations, fraud detection, etc.
In order to build a more tailored user experience for our millions of active users, Dailymotion's Machine Learning team is building scalable recommender systems. As a video-sharing platform, recommender systems are an essential part of Dailymotion user's experience that helps the user to choose between millions of videos. The Machine Learning Team has already developed different recommender systems for different parts of our platform. To keep improving these products, the Machine Learning Team is looking for an intern to build a new model to recommend popular videos.
Trending Videos is a model generating videos candidate for the Dailymotion home page where popular videos of the day are highlighted. During this internship, we would like to improve and extend our solution using a more recent approach. Your work will have a direct impact on Dailymotion.
As an Intern Machine Learning Engineer, you will :
- Work on data science challenges related to recommender systems by leveraging petabytes of video, audience engagement, and advertising data to build customized experiences for users at scale.
- Have the possibility of building from scratch a recommender system.
- Design a robust and accurate model for home page recommendations.
- Work closely and in collaboration with different teams on the full cycle development of machine learning models:
- Definition of the success metrics with the stakeholders.
- Data collection and hypothesis selection with the support of the Data Analysts Team.
- Machine learning experiments: feature engineering, model selection, offline validation and A/B Testing.
- Deployment, orchestration, and maintenance on managed cloud platforms with the Data Engineering Team.
- MS in Data Science / Good knowledge of standard machine learning algorithms with a focus on: recommender systems, classification problems, NLP, Neural Networks (auto-encoders, LSTM, CNN, …).
- Strong coding skills in Python (Scikit-learn, Numpy, Pandas, Tensorflow, Keras) and SQL.
- Some knowledge of agile development methodologies (Git/Github, Docker, Jupyter Notebook).
- Intermediate level in English (spoken, written).
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform is a plus (BigQuery, Cloud Storage, Compute Engine).
At Dailymotion, we empower candidates to take action. If this job sounds like a great opportunity for you, be confident in your skills, we are always happy to meet you! If needed, we can accommodate our recruitment process for your special abilities.
Type of contract/duration: 6 months - Internship
Start Date: Beginning of July
Want to learn more about us:
- New-York office - BuiltIn
- Offices in France - Welcome to the Jungle
- Our articles
Saving Plan Vivendi
️ Living Employee Culture (Events / Trainings / Partys / All hands / Dailymotion tradition…)
Career development support (training / internal mobility / compensation cycle / 360 quarter feedback review …)
High-end Health Insurance and Personal Services Vouchers (CESU)
✅ Meal Vouchers – Public Transport and Bike refund
European Economic and Social Committee (sport membership/cinemas vouchers/gift vouchers/discount)