- B.S. or Masters or equivalent degree in Statistics, Analytics, Applied Mathematics, Operation Research, or equivalent quantitative fields preferred. Strong mathematical and statistics background.
- 3-7 years of experience in industry (ideally e-commerce, technology, consumer banking, telecoms, retail) and/or academia with demonstrated track record of innovative research and insight generation and implementation of insights into tools/processes delivering front end business results.
- Should have fair understanding of using data mining, machine learning techniques and recommendation Engines on large amount of data, building and implementing various statistical models.
- Good understanding of technology tools especially those related to analytics, data & modeling.
- Experience/Exposure in financial industry especially on trading strategies and trading system performance will be a plus
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Data Scientists with strong proficiency with statistical modeling, data mining, machine learning, artificial intelligence and working with large scale datasets, distributed Big Data Platforms for a variety of advanced analytics solutions across the Bank ranging from recommendation engines, Propensity models, customer segmentation, Graph models, pricing and more.
Key skill sets required
- Statistical Programming Tool Skills : Programming experience in Python, Spark or other statistical programing software.
- Platform and Database skills : Familiarity with Hadoop, Hive, and Pig. Proficient in using databases like Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server etc..