Under the direction of the Data Warehouse Manager, the Data Warehouse Developer II is responsible for the design and development of Data Warehouse solutions. This role is responsible to design and develop ETL procedures to acquire, harmonize, and consolidate the IEHP data assets. The position is also responsible on creating process for automation and enhancement of data quality. Work collaboratively with other developers to design and deliver the data infrastructure (warehouse, schema, pipelines, OLTP, ETL) that supports IEHP’s portfolio of applications and analytics tools. Develop technical specifications and recommend, design, develop, test, implement, and support innovative and optimal data solutions. Drive the technical design of large scale data platforms, utilizing modern and open source technologies, in a hybrid cloud environment. Major Functions (Duties and Responsibilities)
1. Design and develop data warehouse Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) solutions using Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
2. Develop and implement data collection processes in conjunction with the data warehouse. Source data from HSP and legacy systems supporting a centralized data warehouse and reporting platform.
3. Design and develop technical solutions to meet the requirements for Data Science and Data Warehouse
4. Analyze user requirements and translate into database requirements and implement in database code
5. Work closely with Data Warehouse Architect and Informatics Architect to design data and analytics solutions to increase the usability, completeness, and accuracy of enterprise data
6. Create, maintain and optimize SQL queries and routines
7. Analyze potential data quality issues to determine the root cause, and create effective solutions.
8. Develop, adopt, and enforce Data Warehouse and ETL standards and architecture
9. Monitor and support ETL processes ensuring integrity and proper integration of all data sources.
10. Create high throughput historical and incremental ETL jobs
11. Facilitate problem management, and communication among data architects, managers, informaticsts and analysts
12. Provide detailed analysis of data issues; data mapping; and the process for automation and enhancement of data quality
13. Perform development activities such as Source to target mapping validations, identify, document and execute unit test cases/scripts, peer and lead code reviews per code review checklist and document test and review results.
14. Collaborate and contribute to data integration strategies and visions
15. Provide ongoing proactive technical support for ETL and data warehouse system to ensure business continuity.
16. Work with Informaticsts and Analysts to translate analytic requirements into technical solutions. Supervisory Responsibilities Leading: Self Experience Qualifications
Three to five (3-5) years of experience and knowledge in logical, rational, dimensional, and physical data modeling. Background in database systems along with a strong knowledge of SQL. Preferred Experience
Development experience using Python, PySpark, Spark, Hadoop, Kubernetes, SQL, and RDMIS is highly desired. Education Qualifications
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required. Preferred Education
Master’s degree from an accredited institution preferred. Drivers License Required No Knowledge Requirement
Multi-server environment knowledge such as linked servers, data replication, backup/restore with MS SQL Server 2008+. Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws. Skills Requirement
Highly skilled in developing and optimizing T-SQL (DDL, DML, DCL) queries, stored procedures, functions, and views for various applications that involve numerous database tables and complex business logic. Good written and oral communication skills. Strong technical documentation skills. Good interpersonal skills. Abilities Requirement
Highly self motivated and directed. Keen attention to detail. Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. Commitment to Team Culture
The IEHP Team environment requires a Team Member to participate in the IEHP Team Culture. A Team Member demonstrates support of the Culture by developing professional and effective working relationships that include elements of respect and cooperation with Team Members, Members and associates outside of our organization. Working Conditions
Word processing and programming involving computer keyboard and screens.
Starting Salary: $85,841.60 - $109,449.60
Pay rate will commensurate with experience
Inland Empire Health Plan (IEHP) is the largest not-for-profit Medi-Cal and Medicare health plan in the Inland Empire. We are also one of the largest employers in the region. With a provider network of more than 6,000 and a team of more than 2,000 employees, IEHP provides quality, accessible healthcare services to more than 1.2 million members. And our mission and core values help guide us in the development of innovative programs and the creation of an award winning workplace. As the healthcare landscape is transformed, we’re ready to make a difference today and in the years to come. Join our Team and Make a Difference with us! IEHP offers a Competitive salary and a benefit package with a value estimated at 35% of the annual salary, including medical, dental, vision, team bonus, and retirement plan.