Mid-Level Data ScientistAbout the Organization
Now is a great time to join Redhorse Corporation. Redhorse specializes in developing and implementing creative strategies and solutions with private, state, and federal customers in the areas of cultural and environmental resources services, climate and energy change, information technology, and intelligence services. We are hiring creative, motivated, and talented people with a passion for doing what's right, what's smart, and what works.Position Description
Redhorse Corporation (Redhorse) is seeking a mid-level Data Scientist and Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning Specialist for an agile software development services project in support of a U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) initiative to advance services and technologies using artificial intelligence and machine learning to integrate records and systems. The Data Scientist will be a key member of a cross-disciplinary team to deliver a minimum viable product to USCIS that integrates machine learning approaches to enable adaptive/intelligent software in a comprehensive software development, security and operations (DevSecOps) environment.Responsibilities
Activities include, but are not limited to:
Minimum Basic Requirements for Skills, Experience, and Credentials include:
- Work collaboratively on agile DevSecOps software teams to create innovative applications.
- Work on data-science and machine-learning efforts in support of USCIS clients.
- Consult with UX designer and technical lead on the incorporation of user-originated training data/metadata to support future machine learning projects.
- Analyze requirements, estimate production time, design solutions, code solutions, test solutions, and document work.
- Assist in the definition of application architecture.
- Ensure adherence to best practices, management processes, and technical constraints.
- Assist in the drafting of business cases, project plans, test reports, risk assessments, and other project specific documentation.
- Assist in the development of application functional documentation, including technical specs document, technical data sheets, operational manuals, and training materials.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or similar engineering discipline.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DHS Suitability clearance.
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant work experience in agile/scrum software development, data science settings with a focus on developing projects using AI/ML technologies, DevSecOps and cloud environments (e.g. Azure, Google Cloud, Digital Ocean)
- Design experience to include deploying production enterprise applications in cloud environments that use AI/ML.
- Experience with NoSQL, Relational, Graph or Multimodal databases.
- Experience with opensource development tools (GitHub, GitLab, etc.)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services deployments.
- Experience in Data management, science, and governance.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Visio, and MS Project.
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to present concepts, ideas, and results to team members and clients.
- Strong understanding of Linux.
- Experience coordinating activities to scope and schedule work and providing accurate work estimates for the deployment of new features.
- Experience in Design Thinking workshops and all related activities, designing solutions that balance user needs, commercial interests, and technological constraints, and including design strategy, service design, design research.
- Architectural design, sequence diagrams.
- Wireframe software tools.
- Software quality analysis.
- Active DHS Suitability clearance.
Redhorse Corporation shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet Redhorse’s changing needs.This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in Redhorse’s sole discretion.EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled