Who we are: La Clínica de La Raza is a community-based health center committed to providing culturally appropriate, high-quality, and accessible health care to the diverse communities of the San Francisco Bay Area. We have spent over 40 years advocating for and creating a health home for the many that have been denied access to care. As health care activists, we are dedicated to making sure individuals who do not have health coverage get the same level of quality healthcare as those who have it. From our genesis as a community health center in 1971, we understood that we cannot heal our communities without also addressing the economic and social factors that affect health. Many times, this requires that we go outside and provide services in other settings to build the bridge that links individuals to our health center for preventive and primary care. Over 90,000 individuals come to La Clínica because it is a welcoming place that addresses the whole person, coordinating and connecting them to a broad network of services to improve and maintain their health and well-being. While we are still known for our activism and spirit of social justice, we are also proud to have grown into a sophisticated provider of primary health care services with 35 sites across Alameda, Contra Costa and Solano counties.
Be part of an innovative technical team: Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, we are looking for a Data Analyst professional who is passionate about data and data analysis processes in a healthcare setting and can produce outcomes which are HIPAA compliant within an overall agency-wide informatics program. The role will interact with our IT Department and various Operational, Clinical, and Business departments with a focus on problem solving, data analysis, and reporting utilizing data analysis tools within a context of health information systems and standards, operational objectives, and with a goal of reporting on a variety of health information system measurable outcomes. At La Clínica, your work will be engaging as you will be presented with exciting opportunities to collaborate with other disciplines and work at a data systems level utilizing your abilities to problem solve. As a result, you will need to be agile, solutions-oriented, and take ownership of assigned projects and deliver robust, thoughtful, and “outside of the box” information based on your skills as a data analyst. This is a role that calls for an individual who is exceptionally client-focused, resolutions-oriented, and efficient while at the same time has the ability to be engaging and affable. This is a role that calls for an individual who is exceptionally data systems-savvy and remains within compliance-focused guidelines. Many IT professionals excel at one of these areas, but it takes someone with a special combination of technical expertise and relatability to successfully combine and execute these skills. To be successful, you need to enjoy working with all kinds of people, to feel energized by an ever-changing healthcare and data systems environment, and remain versed and relevant in such environments. You should have a successful history of managing large and small projects and communicating out to stakeholders with the aim to support healthcare delivery.
Major Areas of Responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Participates in the ongoing work of La Clinica to evaluate and manage data.
- Builds, maintains, and iterates on reports that may include clinical, financial and human resource metrics.
- Ad-hoc reporting using Crystal Reports, SQL, etc.
- Configures, implements and validates extract, transform, load (ETL) processes from multiple data sources utilizing various ETL tools
- Configures and maintains analytics and alert mechanisms related to data and analytic services and processing
- Periodic data validation of reports and analytics on a specified timeframe
- Monitors relevant key application performance
- Resolves complex data issues and tracks through internal ticketing system
- Documents all processes performed
- Works with off-the-shelf and custom-built utilities to assist with services workflow and data importing processes where applicable
- Assists in report request specification gathering, leads development of requested reports, and assists in validation of reports.
- Collaborates with relevant contractors and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Must have working knowledge of SQL including SSRS, XML and experience with Intersystems Cache, EDI is a plus
- Familiarity with analytics platforms, e.g. Tableau, i2i Systems
- Familiarity with Clarity database preferred
- Familiarity with EHRs e.g. Epic, NextGen, Dentrix front-end and database structures with preference given to candidates with additional experience in current state-of-the-art systems for Pharmacy, Lab systems, Optometry, and Behavioral Health (IBH and Specialty).
- Knowledge of Database Analysis, processes, and tools, Database Systems, Data Modeling, Database Management & Reporting, Crystal Reports, Electronic Health Record systems (EHR), Electronic Medical Records (EMR), and Electronic Patient Reported Outcomes (ePRO)
- Knowledge of operating principles, methods and limitations of data processing equipment and software.
- Strong analytic, troubleshooting skills; can problem solve, organize, and manage multiple tasks and projects in a health information systems environment with large volumes of data
- Must have excellent problem-solving, planning, data analysis, and project management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to identify root causes of data integrity and application performance issues.
- Must be able to work flexible hours. Some evenings, nights, and weekends are occasionally required.
- Demonstrate flexibility and ability to accept changes gracefully.
- Able to work professionally and collaboratively in team-based care delivery.
- Ability to work and communicate with people from various ethnic, socio-economic, educational and life experience
- Ability to be kind, empathetic, considerate, understanding, highly communicative, willing to work with others to solve problems, unable to talk down to others, consider everyone an equal, respectful, and must be an all-around great human being to work with.
- Communicate daily with the Chief Information Officer and regularly provides project status to the CIO, other project stakeholders, and clinical and operational leadership as appropriate.
- Serve as a trusted partner working with staff to analyze needs and develop cross-functional solutions to enhance productivity, improve support, and facilitate service delivery to La Clinica’s clients.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Other Certifications and Experience
- Requires four year college or university program certificate with 3 to 5 years of experience
- Five to ten years related experience and/or training with demonstration of progressively higher responsibilities.