SENIOR DATA ANALYST
Remote but must be based in Portugal (Lisbon, Coimbra, Porto preferred)
Tillster, headquartered in the USA, is the global leader in digital ordering and customer engagement solutions. For over a decade we have developed revolutionary self-service, ordering and payments solutions – for mobile, tablet, online, kiosk, call center, and more – creating personalized interactions based on consumer preferences, language, and currency. Our platform is compatible with 15+ unique POS systems, representing over 90% coverage in multi-unit restaurants. We offer one platform; one scalable, enterprise class solution – to create world-class digital engagement solutions.
Our mission and passion are one in the same: Empower restaurants and consumers to engage and transact anywhere, anytime, and from any device - one consumer at a time, one order at a time, billions of times over. In doing so, together we are transforming e-commerce in restaurants and make the till grow for Tillster and our customers.
About the Role
Tillster is seeking a strong Senior Data Analyst to help transform data from our services and existing reports and Tableau dashboards into consumable data Explores and Dashboards in our platform. You will play a crucial role in enabling Data Democratization inside Tillster and with our customers - owning the implementation, improvement, and maintenance of our data products. This includes partnering and consulting with business teams to provide guidance and assistance in creating and streamlining Looker or equal style reports and underlying ETL pipelines.
What You’ll Do
- Identify and implement new capabilities and best practices to develop and improve self-service and automated data analysis processes
- Develop and update clear, high performing Explores and dashboards for business stakeholders such as Marketing, Product, Finance, Engineering, Account and Support/Operations
- Create new Explores to enable non-technical analysts to access data, build dashboards, and solve critical business challenges on Looker technology.
- Create new complex dimensions and measures for analysts to meet their business needs
- Help create and maintain coding standards (style guides, etc.) and perform code reviews for other BI developers or technical analysts
- Update production explores and dashboards to ensure consistent and accurate data as underlying data warehouse changes
- Promote and ensure the use of a common semantic layer, data definitions, and metric calculations across all business areas.
- Maintain Tillster Data infrastructure
- Write SQL, build derived tables, and work with data engineering to ensure queries are performant, maintainable, and consuming cloud computing resources most efficiently
- Ensure project: model: view structure is optimized to handle internal and external multi-tenant access and re-architect as needed for growing business use cases
- Optimize performance through re-architecting as needed
- Maintain existing data pipelines
- Develop LookML in Looker.
- Troubleshoot Jenkins orchestration jobs.
- Modify SQL and Python code for ELT process to load data into Redshift.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative area such as Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in similar role
- Excellent SQL skills
- 2 years of experience on AWS or Google cloud technologies (Redshift or BigQuery)
- Mid to Advanced skills in Python, Looker and LookML
- Knowledge of software development processes and best practices (code style guides, PR reviews, GitHub branch/merge processes, etc.)
- 3+ years’ experience in developing end to end business intelligence solutions, including data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques, and technology.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills (including ability to effectively use business tools such as Excel, Tableau, Looker) and an ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and of driving outcomes in a fast-paced matrix environment; history of successfully delivering large scale projects in high-quality, managing the entire life cycle
- Understanding of how to write readable code and documentation
- Working knowledge of agile development processes
- Development experience in Tableau, PowerBI, Business Objects, MicroStrategy or other BI tools.
- Previous experience building scalable BI platforms, including the use of code review processes, automated testing, staging and production environments, and release schedules is preferred
- Teaching/training/consulting experience
- Experience with Linux/OSX command line and git
- Advanced degree in a quantitative area such as Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure (AWS, Google Cloud, etc.), especially utilizing serverless technologies such as AWS Glue, AWS Lambda, etc.
Around the corner and around the globe, Tillster simplifies digital ordering, improves customer engagement, and grows sales. For more than a decade, we’ve helped turn guests into regulars. Our award-winning technologies have transformed the casual dining and quick service restaurant industries – and made us the global leader in this space. You will be part of a technology playground offering a fun, collaborative environment where ownership, problem solving, and teamwork are rewarded.
At Tillster, full-time employees are eligible for health and retirement benefits, flexible work schedules and generous PTO. In addition, we aim to support our employees' growth through our Educational Assistance Program and access to over 16K courses spanning business, creative, and technological learning paths via LinkedIn Learning. Finally, with our employee's well-being at the forefront of what we do, we continually search for events, activities, and perks that support and engage our teams. Tillster is based in Los Angeles, California, and has operations in San Diego and remote locations in the U.S., France, Portugal, and Spain.
Tillster is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer
No Visa Sponsorship
Principals only – no Agencies or calls please
Tillster is the global leader in digital ordering and customer engagement solutions. We offer one platform; one scalable, enterprise class solution – to create world-class digital engagement solutions. You will be part of a technology playground offering a fun, collaborative environment where ownership, problem solving, and teamwork are rewarded.
Follow us on:
Twitter: @TillsterInc, https://twitter.com/TillsterInc