Senior Data Scientist-21000EFN
Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages:
Oracle Adaptive Intelligence team is seeking for a Senior Data Scientist that want to help us build the next generation of Adaptive Intelligent Applications using Oracle Cloud.
This is a unique opportunity to make a change, learn and have fun in a fantastic Artificial Intelligence team with a world class culture and the mission to deliver outstanding applications to the world.
The applications will use data from Oracle’s Data Cloud from multiple tenants and other sources to drive automated outcomes in a number of horizontal and vertical application segments. This is an exciting emerging venture for Oracle, leveraging latest technology in the mobile, big data and cloud application spaces.
The ideal candidate is expected to have a bias for excellence, strong experience in Data Science & Machine Learning (2-5 years) and be comfortable with closely collaborating with other teams in Oracle such as engineering, OCI & Fusion Cloud operations. Among other things the selected candidate will be:
- Expected to fetch information from various sources and generate value for better understanding the data to non-technical and technical stakeholders
- Generate ML models based in such data and develop or select the appropriate and most efficient algorithm for the given problem
- Work with engineering team to ensemble such models and deliver world class AI applications
We are seeking for brilliant individuals in eager to learn and grow, with strong Data Science background and proven track designing and developing systems to action on big data sources; but specially with passion and drive to make a change and have a meaningful role in our org.
- Build machine learning models through all phases of development, from design through training, evaluation, validation, and implementation in Production
- Partner closely with other data scientists and data engineers to help inform, build, and test hypotheses delivering actionable insights.
- Apply understanding of advanced machine learning practices to enhance product performance.
- Partner with a cross-functional team of data scientists, software engineers, and product managers to deliver products
- Facilitate data-driven and informed decision making and prioritization
- Translate business questions into actionable research
- Have a good understanding of general business trends and directions to be able to put your own work in the broad business context
- MS/PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields
- 3+ years of hands-on technical experience in a data science role
- Working knowledge of NLP such as entity recognition, embedding models, semantic models, etc.
- Experience in delivering data science solutions in multiple tenancies is a plus
- Extensive experience coding and building solutions using Python
- Extensive experience with statistical packages such as scikit-learn, spaCy, NumPy, etc.
- Working knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience exploring large amounts of information, extracting insights, and achieving real-world results
- Ability to dig-in, understand the data, and to use creative thinking and problem-solving skills to design scalable and robust solutions
- Demonstrated track record of starting and leading interdisciplinary research and engineering projects
- Strong communication skills and value building strong relationships with colleagues and partners as well as the ability to explain sophisticated topics in straightforward terms
This is a great opportunity, come join us!
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job: Product Development
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire