Are you passionate about utilizing your data science skills to influence and shape the product? Do you want to make an impact on how customers experience Windows applications? Do seek for novel ways to gain insights from data and love to tell stories with those insights? If so, come join us!
We are the Partner, Analytics, and essential experiences (PAX) team, a part of the W+D (Windows + Devices) engineering organization. Our team’s vision is that Windows users find it easy to discover and engage with the experiences they need most; and that ISVs (Independent Software Vendors) are excited to build Windows experiences because they can innovate, differentiate, and exceed their business goals on Windows. You will be a member of a new and growing team that builds high scale, secure, reliable, low latency services that power an app experience that runs on hundreds of millions of devices, alongside a portfolio of high scale services that PAX builds and runs today. We process large amounts of data every single day, find signals in the noise, build infrastructure that redefines how data is consumed and reported. We deliver the metrics that help Windows Applications run their business.
You will be responsible for understanding how Windows’ customers use essential features and how functionalities we develop would fulfill our customers’ needs. You will analyze the data you build to influence feature development and continuously improve customer happiness over time.
- Work with partners, product managers and developers to develop & review designs and business requirement
- Apply statistical concepts and techniques to analyze product quality, experiments and user behavior
- Design & develop data transformation processes for petabytes of raw data, perform feature engineering for machine learning
- Develop predictive and prescriptive models using advanced research techniques
- Communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to non-technical audiences
- Collaborate with partners and drive analytic projects end to end
- Adhere to principled data collection practices and policies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science OR Mathematics OR Statistics or related education or experience
- 5+ years of experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- 3+ years of industry experience with implementing statistical models, machine/deep learning, and analysis (Recommenders, Prediction, Classification, Clustering, etc.) in big data environment.
- Master’s degree or PhD
- Experience with experiments, machine learning, anomaly detection, predictive analysis, exploratory data analysis, and/or other areas of data science on a large-scale product.
- Experience with languages like C#/Java is a plus.
- Engineering experience using large data systems on SQL, Hadoop, Hive queries, etc.is nice to have.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
To see all our team’s openings, search for #paxjobs on our careers page.