We are looking for Senior Data Scientist to lead in the delivery of complex analytics projects within our Location Intelligence team. It is a young and sociable team, looking for a self-motivated person with a passion for data science and innovation. The role is suited to a problem solver, who can come up with creative solutions to our clients’ problems and help to drive innovation and efficiency within the team.
With the developments being made to our technology, the Senior Data Scientist will also play a role in internally focused work, helping to advance our proposition and keeping CACI at the cutting-edge of the industry.
We have a strong culture of data-driven decision making across the whole company - working with companies from a broad range of sectors, both within the UK and internationally, including retail, leisure, grocery, automotive and the public sector.
Key responsibilities include:
- Taking on deep-dive analysis of data and generate new business insights with the development of predictive models
- Helping to create and deliver a wide range of bespoke projects and tools using a variety of different environments, languages and techniques
- Developing our analytical capabilities, researching related technologies and approaches, enabling other areas of the group
Playing a part in owning and maintaining the underlying processes and infrastructure we are building to support the day-to-day work
Core Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in similar roles in a data science or analytics team
- A degree in a numerate discipline and strong understanding of statistics
- Familiar with programming languages (e.g. R, Python) and experience with, learning to write and maintain programming code and database scripts
- Knowledge and experience building spatial and non-spatial predictive models in real-world applications.
- Can demonstrate skills in algorithm development, data manipulation and visualisation
- Familiar with analytics platforms (e.g. Alteryx)
- A self-starter, creative and willing to challenge the status quo
- Demonstrate an intellectual curiosity and passion for learning data science, exploring the fields of data engineering and machine learning
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Familiar with database query language (e.g. SQL)
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Familiar with business intelligence platforms (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, QlikView/Sense)
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Experience with a cloud platform (e.g. AWS, Snowflake)
- Coding standards, version control (e.g. Git)
- A communicative person that can explain complex topics in simple terms
- Experience and knowledge of the consumer retail market or areas within the public sector
- Competitive salary and benefits package (including technical team bonus)
- Flexible working
- Pension scheme enrolment
- Health & Wellbeing Cash Plan benefit
- Private healthcare scheme (eligible after two years of service)
- Life assurance, personal accident and income protection cover
- Optional season ticket and bicycle purchase loans
- Free Gym membership
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
The role will also be based out of CACI’s head office in Kensington, London, fitted with all the necessary precautions for social distancing in the workplace. However, as we continue to work under the government’s current COVID-19 guidance, it is expected that much of this role will be done remotely for the near future.