Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Senior Data Scientist
What is the Opportunity?
The Marketing Science team of Personal and Commercial Banking is looking for a passionate and innovative Senior Data Scientist. As a Data Scientist you will problem solve, analyze, design, implement and monitor machine learning applications using state of the art tools and algorithms. We are looking to maintain our position as the industry leader in deepening client relationships and engagement through the implementation of Next Best Offer Strategy. To achieve these goals, we leverage diverse data sources and a suite of domain specific algorithms.
What will you do?
- Interact with RBC internal partners and lines of businesses to help them frame their use cases and define success metrics (Key Performance Indicators).
- Prepare, parse and integrate large and varied structured and unstructured data for model training and scoring while preserving privacy and unbiased estimates.
- Develop state of the art machine learning models, optimizing for the right objective.
- Validate the offline performance of models and work in a Continuous Integration manner.
- Deploy solutions for end users and help drive change in a Continuous Deployment manner.
- Monitor model performance and business success metrics over time.
What do you need to succeed?
- Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar field. 2+ years of hands-on experience or similar post-grad work in Machine Learning.
- Experience with machine learning development lifecycle and deep learning methods such as Transformers, GANs, DQN, VAE, SHAP, Counterfactuals and Adversarial examples etc.
- Experience with Python and common machine learning/deep learning libraries Tensorflow, PyTorch, scikit-learn, huggingface etc.
- Knowledge of big data ecosystem Hadoop/Spark. ML Cloud capabilities would be an asset.
- Familiarity with collaborative software development tools (git, issue tracking) and *nix environments
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) across peers and senior leaders
Nice to have
- Strong knowledge machine learning application design. Experience deploying models into productions with MLOps (MlFlow, KubeFlow etc).
- Experience in running A/B experiments in production. Experience with relational databases. Domain specific knowledge of marketing campaigns.
- Experience in developing attrition models with proven success. Publications in machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Passion for ethical AI and experience in algorithm transparency and interpretability. Knowledge of banking data.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
RBC requires as a condition of employment that all successful candidates in the United States and Canada be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date, and may require proof of the same. Reasonable accommodation is available where required by law.
RBC exige, à titre de condition d’emploi, que tous les candidats retenus aux États-Unis ou au Canada soient entièrement vaccinés contre la COVID-19 avant leur date d’entrée en fonction. Il est possible qu’ils aient à présenter une preuve vaccinale. Des mesures raisonnables d’adaptation sont offertes lorsque la loi l’exige
TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Personal and Commercial Banking
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.