[Belgium, full time]
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We’re on a journey that’s centered around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We’re proud of that!
Would you like to work for a bank where honesty, integrity and responsibility are valued? Are sustainability, caring for others and thinking ahead part of your DNA? Do you want to make the difference for our customers thanks to our agile way of working? (click on link to see the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaV-d7eKWFc) Then read what comes because ING might very well become your future employer.
Your role & work environment
As a Data Analyst at ING, you will play a crucial delivery role in the data-driven culture supporting our products and services. You will be responsible for delivering valuable insights to both your colleagues and our clients. Your day-to-day job will consist of the exploitation / analysis of data, resulting in different types of outputs, ranging from strategic studies (including detailed customer-behavior analysis, market research, competitive watch) to the more operational delivery of customer reporting / target groups for inbound and outbound commercial actions.
As a Data Analyst, you will be part of an Agile environment by being a member of a multidisciplinary team of 8 to 9 specialists. Your colleagues will have a background in data management / analytics in the marketing / risk domain, as well as in IT and/or business.
Your key responsibilities
- Management of databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize data quality
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets using SQL, SAS, COGNOS, Adobe (Test&target, SiteCatalyst), …
- Communicate these recommendations to the stakeholders using both analytical and business jargon when appropriate (written and oral)
- Work with the product owner to prioritize business and information needs, and accordingly translate them into an analytical approach
- Provide data / analytical support for the stakeholders’ actions
We are looking for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
- Take ownership on tasks assigned: you will be cultivating analytics within the bank
- Be able to influence and convince not only peers but also the stakeholders based on analytical results
- Be capable to take decisions at tactical level and therefore build a trusted relationship with your squad members
- Be a team player
- Be analytical: extremely curious, constantly looking for an explanation; analyzing sharply, concise & to the point
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics or alike, and/or equivalent experience of 1 to 3 years within data reporting & statistics
- Experience with tools such as SAS, Selligent or Adobe are a plus; an interest in these tools is a must
- Good knowledge of English, and either Dutch or French
We offer you
A brand new position in a bank empowering people to develop their skills and an exciting challenge for people with an entrepreneurial attitude.
The possibility to develop your skills thanks to the expertise of our international teams, and our knowledge sharing culture.