Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think TD if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com
We are seeking highly motivated and capable technologists to join our Data as a Services team to work on the forefront of enabling TD's big data strategy with a special focus on ETL/data curation on on-premise Akora and/or on-cloud Azure Platform.
Across multiple large-scale transformation programs and in a data management context, reporting to the curation practice lead, the developer will lead team members to develop ETL processes, design and build data stores and transformations on Azure platform, coordinate team member's work into an integrated high quality product.
As a Data Engineer
, you will:
- Design and develop ETL processes based on functional and non-functional requirements in python / pyspark within Azure platform
- Understand the full end to end development activities from design to go live for ETL development in Azure platform
- Recommend and execute improvements
- Document component design for developers and for broader communication.
- Understand and adopt an Agile (SCRUM like) software development mindset
- Follow established processes/standards, business technology architecture for development, release management and deployment process
- Execute and provide support during testing cycles and post-production deployment, engage in peer code reviews.
- Elicit, analyze, interpret business and data requirements to develop complete business solutions, includes data models (entity relationship diagrams, dimensional data models), ETL and business rules, data life cycle management, governance, lineage, metadata and reporting elements.
- Apply automation and innovation on new and on-going data platforms for those development projects aligned to business or organizational strategies.
- Design, develop and implement reporting platforms (e.g. modeling, ETL, BI framework) and complex ETL frameworks that meet business requirements.
- Deliver business or enterprise data deliverables (that adhere to enterprise frameworks) for various platforms/servers/applications/systems.
- Provide data analysis and requirements within enterprise platform.
- Implement processes aligned to data management standards, ensure data quality and requirements are embedded in/adhered to within system development deliverables.
- Develop, maintain knowledge of data available from upstream sources and data within various platforms.
- Perform data profiling using TD tooling and ad hoc system query languages to validate data analysis.
- Engage with data managers, stewards and owners to implement, maintain, enhance data governance, quality and related policies, aligning with TD's standards and frameworks.
- Ensure capture of requirements related to data privacy and security, governance and access controls.
- Respect TD's technology delivery practices, standards, project management disciplines.
- Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate.
- 5-7 years relevant design and development experience.
- Senior work experience (>5 years):
- Azure platform / Big Data technologies
- Data Flow Processes
- SQL Development
- Preferred experience in:
- Python, Pyspark, Spark, Sqoop, Hive
- Azure platform and tools like Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Synapse
- Working experience with data modeling, relational modeling and dimensional modeling.
- Working knowledge of source code control tool such as GIT
- Implementation experience in managing and working in multiple environments, release and change management and knowledge of firewall, network work protocols, file transfer – TIBCO
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies
- Sound to advanced knowledge of business, standards, infrastructure, architecture and technology from a design/support/ solutions perspective
- Readiness and motivation (as an experienced developer and subject matter expert) to address and resolve complex issues, guide/advise/support clients, partners and project teams, often working on multiple medium-to-large sized projects.
- Commitment to and belief in the quality of your deliverables.
- Capacity and eagerness to work independently as a senior/lead role on multiple tasks and also coach/educate/guide/direct others.
- Ability to assume assignments that are moderate- to highly- complex and multi-faceted, to be performed under management guidance.
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.